|Job Type:||Full Time|
As an experienced professional in PMO/Project Execution, you thrive at managing complex technology programs that have far-reaching implications for clients, employees, and stakeholders throughout the firm. This role requires a strong grasp of the big-picture – namely, how can technology help achieve business goals – as well as a keen ability to establish priorities, manage resources and budgets, and build and incentivize high-performing teams. You'll work closely with colleagues across the firm. You'll play an integral role in ensuring that the Program is running on time, within budget, and in accordance with firm-wide guidelines and risk appetite. Just as importantly, you'll work with your team to set goals, foster collaboration, and promote the values, culture, and brand of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
This role requires a wide range of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience, with proven experience within a PMO
- Understanding of global / line of business project and program management standards and methods
- Experience working with high-performing teams in complex program execution
- Strong stakeholder management; budget management and risk management
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders throughout the firm including Technology, Product and Operations.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail with ability to present work professionally and accurately
- Proactive self-starter, comfortable working independently and able to consistently deliver work of a high standard whilst under pressure
- Strong time management with the ability to manage complex work plans, conflicting priorities and the ability to multitask
- Ability to problem solve, plus identify opportunities to enhance existing processes
- Ideally, but not essential you will have a working knowledge of payments processing (BACS and SEPA or similar)
- Firmwide Payments Tracking. Work with impacted LOBs leads (Across CIB) to ensure plans are locked, milestones are tracked including any blockers, risk or issues. Including shared LOB touchpoints and dependencies.
- Program RAID Log. Responsible for maintaining the Program level risk register. Ensure impact understood, owners and due dates are agreed, monitoring through to closure. Provide regular stakeholder updates.
- Financial Governance. Responsible for monthly stakeholder reporting. With application level analysis of actual spend versus budget.
- Program Change Control. Raise, review Program change controls impacting technology. Identify application cross impacts and obtain estimates. Maintain central log.
- Program Steering Group material. Support Program Manager to produce monthly Steering Group material. Attend as required to capture minutes, track actions and future focus topics.
- Maintain Program level action tracker across. Providing additional LOB scorecard rigour, feeding core elements into overall Program scorecard.
- Data analysis and reporting. Ability to take large sets of application / volume data, identify themes and present back to Program manager for reporting purposes.
- Program Technology Communications. Leverage existing / new communication channels to publicise Program status, key achievements and risk visibility. Ie email, Symphony, WPT forums, Quarterly tech updates.
- Process improvements. Where possible look to drive offline improvements.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
© 2019 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.