|Job Type:||Full Time|
This is an opportunity for a strong Python Developer to join a dynamic agile team that owns and develops a cloud based platform which currently manages the automated provisioning & management of CockroachDB Instances. This role also allows for flexible working arrangements.
Our product forms a crucial component of our industry leading development environment and faces an ever increasing demand as our technology organization continues to grow and JP Morgan develops an increasingly diverse range of modern digital products.
To manage this increasing demand we are developing the next generation of this platform for CockroachDB, using an API first ethos, to enable JP Morgan's thousands of engineers to create & manage their CockroachDB instances via a variety of self-service methods in Private & Public Clouds.
As a hands on Python Developer you will be able to help shape this product, and push the capabilities of the platform forward, whilst learning new skills related to cloud, databases and infrastructure automation.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient with programming in Python & Django Rest Framework or alternatively software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages, eg: Java, C, C++, Go
- Experience working with CockroachDB or other distributed databases would be very advantageous
- Practical hands on experience of developing applications for the cloud
- Experience of virtualization/containers, APIs, open source and modern software
- Experience with developing frameworks that help increase developer efficiency, release velocity, code health and technical standards
- Advanced experience working with two or more from the following: database, cloud, unix/linux environments, containers, kubernetes, large scale software development, DevOps, security software development
- Provide technical expertise throughout the software lifecycle including design, implementation and delivery
- Understanding or have experience with agile and lean philosophies
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with clear communication
- Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goal.
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran