|Job Type:||Full Time|
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and QuickBooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $18bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Bain Capital, Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 450 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
The role is for a Content Marketing Manager to work within our Communications Team to identify and create content that supports our company goals, customer and corporate communications and product marketing. As we scale our business, our need for content is increasing within these areas as we strive to keep our customers and other stakeholders informed with up-to-date, relevant content.
You will work alongside our Director of Communications to help shape our corporate and customer communications strategy for 2021 and beyond, establishing the processes and toolkits that will be required as we grow. You will collaborate closely with the Product Marketing Team as the content lead on a variety of product campaigns.
Open banking is a key driver for our communications strategy in 2021 and creating product, educational and thought leadership content around our open banking initiatives will be a key focus.
The role is fundamental to our growth strategy as we look to expand our cross-sell and up-sell initiatives within our existing customer base; improve and innovate our customer communications and position GoCardless as a leader in open banking.
The role will report into our Director of Communications.
- Create product, educational and thought leadership content to support our drive into open banking
- Work with our Product Marketing team to create content to support product and feature launches, product adoption and cross-sell campaigns and industry leading thought leadership, positioning us as leaders in the space
- Develop our customer communications strategy with a view to reducing the volume of email updates whilst keeping customers informed about new products, features, service updates etc.
- Content lead for major customer comms - emails, FAQs, website copy, customer support statements
- Work with our Head of PR to develop thought leadership content that can be leveraged in our PR programmes
- Own and develop corporate content for our website - and manage the corporate areas of the website
- Work with our Social Media Manager to produce with social-first content that supports our business priorities and helps grow our brand awareness and reputation
You don’t need to have experience of the payments or financial worlds. Rather, you’ll be a talented writer who knows how to leverage company messaging, product information and subject matter experts - to distill and present it in the most compelling ways. And you’ll know how to craft communications for customers about the issues that matter most to them.
- You will have worked in a B2B marketing content role, either in-house or agency side
- You will be a confident and experienced writer, but may have experience of working with other formats (eg video, podcasts, webinars, infographics), either directly or in an editorial capacity
- You respect social media best practice, and are able to write short and engaging copy to distill technical topics into digestible engaging content
- You are highly proactive and able to work independently, yet are just as comfortable working cross-functionally on shared projects and integrated campaigns
- You’re at ease managing multiple projects at once
- You’re pro-active, innovative and enjoy experimenting and testing new ideas to keep content fresh and engaging
- You use data to validate ideas and measure impact
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.