|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of a great team doing impactful work
In a world with ever more complex challenges, asset management is an increasingly important discipline to ensure asset owning and managing organisations get the service and ultimately business outcomes they require from their asset base. We work with organisations who own or manage some of the world’s most interesting large physical infrastructure, guiding them on the journey of increasing the sophistication of their asset management practices. These organisations also span the full spectrum of asset management maturity; from those new to the concept whom we help understand and put in place the fundamental building blocks of good asset management, to those who are mature and are seeking to push the asset management boundaries, with whom we implement digital innovations.
Working across multiple sectors, such as transport, energy, water, nuclear and defence and across a vast array of maturity levels, means that our asset management work is exciting and varied. For example, we:
- deliver major transformation programmes
- optimise the adoption of innovative technologies to achieve major performance and cost efficiencies,
- develop leading-edge regulatory business plans,
- design optimised and differentiated asset investment strategies and plans,
- perform complex analysis on asset information to drive insights and decisions
The way we approach asset management at PA is different to many. We combine our asset management experience across multiple sectors, with wider PA expertise in areas such as, innovation, digital, human capital to bring truly ingenious, well-rounded, practical solutions to our clients.
Our work in infrastructure asset management spans the following areas:
- Leadership & strategy - Asset management strategy development, strategic business plan creation, decision making and value measurement, management coaching and development
- Culture & people - Cultural gap analysis and impact assessment, role and competencies development, training solutions and delivery
- Organisation design - Organisational capability assessment and roadmap for improvement, performance benchmarking, operating model design and enterprise transition management
- Decisions – Asset strategy and lifecycle planning. Value measurement frameworks and business case development. Optioneering and evaluation of new technology and asset interventions
- Data & Knowledge - Asset information strategy development, enterprise architecture and requirements for IT solutions, capturing and codification of tacit knowledge and expert judgment
- Processes & Documentation - Development of asset management systems, decision frameworks and processes
- Business Tools - Decision support tools for performance analysis and degradation modelling. IoT and Digital Twins for condition and performance monitoring and prediction. Augmented reality solutions
- Business change - Change programme definition and requirements creation. Agile development of solutions and delivery. Early adoption pilots and trials. Stakeholder engagement for input and buy-in
- Supply chain - Design of innovative commercial models and contractual mechanisms. Accelerated delivery programmes with Agile and other methods. Private financing and investment advice.
What we're looking for
On the back of continued success, we are looking for talented people to join our growing asset management team. We work very closely with all our clients, build strong interpersonal relationships and pride ourselves on our ability to ‘walk the talk,’. Therefore, we are particularly interested in those who have practical ‘hands on’ experience with infrastructure assets and interest of:
- Strategy, planning and operations of infrastructure assets
- Delivery of asset management change programmes
- Working in the energy, renewables, transport, defence or security sectors
At PA we believe that a brilliant asset manager is someone who is curious, enjoys exploring new ideas, and seeks to evolve asset management thinking and problem definition. We are looking to recruit and support curious asset management experts to develop across these areas, who are willing to learn and develop themselves in a consulting environment. To further enhance our projects pipeline we are looking for people to generate growth; business development is the key enabler for this, so previous experience of winning new work and developing opportunities is highly beneficial.
While successful candidates will have a good technical understanding of their field, deep specialism is not the only facet of PA consultants; we also want ingenious people who can turn highly technical detail into simple concepts and communicate this clearly to anyone from boardroom to factory floor. Our consultants should be able to adapt their style to work effectively with clients and inspire confidence. We’re looking for someone with these attributes:
- Self-motivation and ability to manage their own workload effectively
- Creative and open minded, enjoying learning and trying new ways of doing things
- Strong communication, presentation creation, delivery and document writing skills
- A great team member in multi-discipline teams
And experience of at least one of the below:
- Developing asset management strategies, plans or systems
- Analytics and modelling to inform and optimise asset investment / operational decisions, development of information strategies and data governance
- Smart infrastructure, digital twins, whole life cost optimisation tools
- Workforce optimisation, training, supply chain analysis, business design
- Strong logical and problem-solving mindset, Good working knowledge of statistics and modelling with Excel or other tools
- Private medical insurance
- Transport allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com