Employee Relations Manager – Human Resources (Fixed Term Contract until end of 2021)
Some careers offer brighter prospects than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
The HR function continues to develop as HSBC implements new HR technology and alters aspects of its operating model. ER is part of the HR function and is responsible for the promotion, monitoring and development of the HSBC employee service proposition. As one of the largest geographies, UK ER is a major player in developing common ER approaches on a global basis.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Employee Relations Manager on a fixed term contact basis until the end of 2021.
In this role, you will:
- Support and manage complex people issues in a manner consistent with HSBC values
- Support with restructuring and business change
- Be up to date with employment laws to ensure HSBC, management and employees are in compliance.
- Work in partnership with Employment Legal to provide guidance to key stakeholders on any employment related litigation
- Support training related to employee relations, leadership, coaching and succession planning, as well as compliance with laws and regulation as well as HSBC policies and procedures.
- Coach and develop HR colleagues and people managers on the effective resolution of ER matters.This may also include providing formal training and periodic technical updates to client groups.
- Assignment to ER projects
The role spans the whole of the UK (i.e. RFB and NRFB) and across businesses, functions and employing entities. The role holder will therefore need to be able to successfully manage and navigate organisational complexity.
The role holder will be involved in complex but interesting ER activity, as well as potentially supporting specialist projects. The successful candidate will be working as part of a dynamic ER team.