|Job Type:||Full Time|
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
Intro to the team
GoCardless has set ambitious strategic and growth goals for the next few years, which will in great part hinge on our ability to attract and retain high-quality and diverse talent across the business. We believe that fostering diversity and inclusion across everything we do will be an essential part of achieving those goals. Not only will it ensure every GoCardless employee feels empowered to make an impact, it will also enable us to make better decisions every day through greater diversity of thinking.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, this is a new role that will shape our diversity and inclusion objectives and strategy globally, and that will drive change across every function, ensuring we embed D&I in everything we do.
- Set the vision and measurable diversity & inclusion objectives for GC globally, in partnership with the executive team and our employee-run D&I groups (e.g. Inspire, Rainbow, and BEAM groups etc)
- Define a clear strategy for GC to achieve those objectives, by identifying key D&I challenges and opportunities across the employee lifecycle and across our various functions
- Partner with senior leaders across the organisation to execute on this strategy, building and using D&I data and insights to identify and implement specific initiatives that can make a significant impact on D&I
- Embed D&I in all of our People processes, from talent acquisition through to performance management and ways of working
- Partner with the Director of People Ops & Infrastructure to continually improve our D&I data
- Foster a culture of listening and education around D&I across the whole business globally, in order to raise awareness across our organisation and motivate employees to drive change - working closely with our Comms & Culture team, Talent Development team, and employee-run D&I groups. Develop and implement training programs as needed to support this culture.
- Be the “voice of D&I” internally, providing visibility to senior stakeholders on roadmap and delivery, and creating a productive feedback loop to continually improve our ability to drive change
- Build external visibility around GC’s objectives and progress on D&I, to ensure transparency and accountability, and to support our talent acquisition efforts. Explore and implement opportunities for partnerships with other scale-ups or with non-profit organisations that may help us achieve our D&I objectives faster and/or build greater awareness around D&I in the tech industry.
- Outstanding track record of professional achievement
- Demonstrable passion for diversity and inclusion, through professional and/or extracurricular experience
- Experience developing and rolling out D&I initiatives across organisations is a plus but not required
- 8+ years of working experience in total
- Experience working in a fast-paced, global environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, partner with, and influence stakeholders at the most senior levels, internationally
- Demonstrated ability to drive and manage change
- Structured thinker with ability to frame and solve unstructured problems
- Strong project management skills and ability to coordinate cross-functional delivery
- Data-driven, analytical mindset
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.