Test Analyst- LV=General Insurance
About the role
The GI Direct business is constantly changing, and as such the effective implementation of these changes is essential to maintain a successful business. The purpose of this role is to work primarily with the pricing and underwriting teams in testing changes, to ensure they are being delivered accurately and quickly. This requires a detailed understanding of the change by working closely with the business and involves the preparation of test scripts, executing the test scripts, identifying any defects and liaising with other areas of the business. This also includes checking the premiums, terms and conditions offered and eligibility.
When it comes to flexible working, we’ll do our best to accommodate your needs. At LV= General Insurance many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, from part-time, flexi-time, job shares, an element of working from home or compressed hours.
We want the best people working at our organisation and we recognise that those people aren’t always available full-time.
So if you need any adjustments, let us know during your interview. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate capabilities in the following;
- Relevant experience in Testing or a General Insurance role
- Relevant knowledge and experience of insurance systems and processes
- Proven experience of delivering to deadlines and prioritising work
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A good working knowledge of project delivery process
- Good understanding of Testing terminology
- Awareness of importance of delivering first class service to our customers
It is preferable for the successful applicant to be able to demonstrate the following capabilities;
- ISTQB / ISEB Foundation Level (desirable)
- Working knowledge of Quality Centre or similar test tool
- Awareness of different testing and delivery models
- Good understanding of change and governance processes
Good understanding of risk and risk mitigation activities and techniques
Responsible for providing the end to end test process working closely with the business to ensure effective implementation of changes required.
For allocated BAU, projects or Release components;
- Responsible for running all relevant test scripts within the project timescales and constraints
- Work closely with business stakeholders to provide testing estimates and impact assessments
- Preparation of test conditions, scripts, and data
- Identification and logging of defects in line with departmental best practice, including the use of Quality Centre
- Collaboration with other testing teams within LV= to ensure resource and skills is allocated effectively across teams
- Representing the team to the wider business notably E-commerce, GI IT, Aggregator Relationship Managers
- Adherence to LV= company standards, department compliance and security policies
- Work within defined standards, good testing practice and strategies
- Able to analyse and solve a range of requirements and problems using standard procedures and processes
- May provide support, guidance and training around test processes for their domain
The successful candidate will also be expected to on occasion;
- Review project documentation to understand delivery and raise necessary queries and clarifications
- Use existing tools and processes for premium validation
- Use existing tools and processes for data extraction to assist the business in decision making
- Actively participate in coverage workshops and walkthroughs
- Provide input into and assist with preparation of Release level Testing documentation
- Provide updates to the wider business on progress and status of testing
- Assist with developing new testing tools and processes
Why Work for Us?
Exciting things are happening at LV= General Insurance (GI). Having recently joined forces with Allianz, we’re proud to now be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK. Working with a new energy, we’re shifting gear and transforming our company, industry and beyond. And we’re just getting started.
Driven by pride and passion, we will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to become Britain’s best loved insurer, by helping people look after what they love.
Reward and Benefit
This role is a Band B in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 26 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service to 28 days
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
LV= are an equal opportunities employer who value a diverse and inclusive working environment. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways.