About the role
LV General Insurance are looking for a Pricing Analyst to join their team in Croydon.
The purpose of the role is to undertake statistical analysis to support product and pricing development.
When it comes to flexible working, we’ll do our best to accommodate your needs. At LV= General Insurance many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, from part-time, flexi-time, job shares, an element of working from home or compressed hours.
We want the best people working at our organisation and we recognise that those people aren’t always available full-time.
So if you need any adjustments, let us know during your interview. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
You will need to have good Interpersonal and communication skills to support your work with the team on technical projects, you will need to understand insurance pricing to make commercial proposals and be educated to degree level in a numerate subject, or at least 3 ‘A’ levels including Maths.
Familiarity with Microsoft Excel is required in this role with some understanding of coding languages such as SAS, Python or R, as well as a familiarity with Willis Towers Watson software such as Radar Base, Optimiser and Emblem.
To be successful in this role you will need to understand statistics, key ML techniques, Customer and Conduct Risk and the ability to validate data integrity.
You will have guidance and support from the team (Peers and Managers to):
- Carry out and deliver pricing analysis
- Follow a pre-defined analysis plan
- Interpret output and communicate results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Appropriately document work for implementation and future reference or review
- Consider the LV= values, customer impacts and any Conduct Risk when proposing Pricing changes
- Deliver project work and reviews / analysis to agreed business timescales.
- Produce and review pricing and underwriting monitors
- Be able to understand requirements in Pricing meetings and document important decisions and challenges from the forum
People / Team
Build and maintain relationships with teams involved in the Pricing end-to-end delivery process.
Work with the wider Pricing team to understand best practices and keep aligned with the best ways of working.
Keep abreast of developments in the Company and wider UK insurance market.
Continually develop skills through structured and unstructured learning.
Why Work for Us?
Exciting things are happening at LV= General Insurance (GI). Having recently joined forces with Allianz, we’re proud to now be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK. Working with a new energy, we’re shifting gear and transforming our company, industry and beyond. And we’re just getting started.
Driven by pride and passion, we will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to become Britain’s best loved insurer, by helping people look after what they love.
Reward and Benefit
This role is a Band B in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, click to view our FAQ page here. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 26 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service to 28 days
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance.
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please click here.
LV= are an equal opportunities employer who value a diverse and inclusive working environment. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways.
We value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone feels respected for their individual contribution and is able to bring their true self to work.
With the above in mind we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs or culture however we especially welcome applications from women, people from ethnic minorities, people with a disability and people who are LGBT+ as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.