|Job Type:||Full Time|
The primary function of the Information Architect role is to work as part of the Corporate Investment Bank Information Architecture team to provide support in delivering, maintaining and generating adoption of standards, components, processes and tools that serve the wider function of Data Management; through engineering and architecture collaboration with other teams across CIB Technology primarily but also working with partnerships with Global Technology and other LOBs.
This role will very much suit those with a Software Engineering, Technical Architecture or Data Analytics background that wish to specialize in Information Architecture, Data Management and Governance and an interest in developing standards, tools and processes for other development teams that progress this through developing modern and innovative engineering methods.
Information Architecture and Data Management continues to be a critical element to delivering on our business objectives and it’s something that is required in order to support the reduction of costs, lowering risk, increasing performance and enabling the transparency of business performance and client satisfaction. There are several associated objectives required of our Information Architecture and Data Management function:
- Create and maintain accurate, complete and consistent governed Data Models with lineage and metadata to facilitate traceability to other metadata classification such as Data Concepts
- Collaborate to create, maintain, govern and use Controlled Vocabularies and Data Souring Contracts with our Business Partners and the Chief Data Office.
- Engage with Software Development teams to determine their requirements for Model Engineering solutions and build prototypes and pilots to explore enhancements and new ways of working.
- Actively engage with development teams to use, develop and improve Information Architecture standards, tools and processes as part of the development process.
- Incrementally standardize and simplify the Data and Information Architecture through the rationalization and reduction of models, interfaces and databases.
- Deliver to firm-wide, CIB and sub-LOBs Data Policy and Standards (such as the System of Record and Authoritative Data Sourcing registration and JPMC Business Data Taxonomy).
- Contribute towards the incremental delivery of the Data Strategy by incrementally moving the applications towards strategic data sourcing and standardization of metadata and tooling.
- Standardize and innovate Operational and Analytical Data Management in accordance with Reference Architectures and Operating Models.
As an IA, you will work as part of the larger Information Architecture team to develop and deliver projects related to meeting the objectives. The role goal is to grow to be considered a Subject Matter Expert on Data and Information Architecture and Management across CIB Technology. This will be achieved this through working closely and collaboratively with business subject matter experts, project development teams, ensuring that the design can be implemented, and that delivery is consistent with the agreed design by adopting the modern engineering practices. Also work with the JPMC firm-wide, CIB and LOB core architecture teams on standards and integrated tooling around on-going efforts such as Data Lineage, Lifecycle Management, Quality Monitoring and Metadata Management.Experience & Knowledge Essential
- Experience in Data Modelling and Architecture tools such as ERwin, Power Designer and/or Magic Draw or wider use of UML tools or IDEs that integrate modelling tools such as Eclipse.
- An interest in data and an appreciation of the value it can bring to an organization if it's properly understood, organized and governed.
- Knowledge of some Data Management technologies such as Relational and Columnar Databases, and/or Data Integration (ETL) or API development.
- Knowledge of some Data Formats such as JSON, XML and binary formats such as Avro or Google Protocol Buffers.
- Experience collaborating with business and technical teams in order to understand, translate, review and playback requirements and collaborate to develop Model Engineering solutions.
- Experience communicating unambiguously through multiple channels such as Presentations, Word Documents, workshops and meetings.
- Knowledge of Programming Language Design and Implementation.
- Knowledge of core Information Architecture capabilities such as Reference Data Management, Data Quality, Metadata Management, Data Taxonomy and Classification and Security and Protection.
- Knowledge of Financial Services and more specifically Wholesale and Investment Banking.
- Experience in other Data Standards (preferably Financial) such as SWIFT, FIX or FpML.
- TOGAF and/or DAMA certification
- Knowledge and experience of the Software Engineering Methodologies (e.g. Agile)
- A willingness to bring an outside perspective to the team, ask questions and learn from breadth and depth of experience of the current IA team.
- A “growth mindset”, willing to take on challenges
- The flexibility to be able to switch between concurrent project assignments
- An ability to envisage and compare potential solutions prior to implementation
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
© 2019 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.