|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The Intraday Liquidity team within the Banking Technology group of the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is looking for passionate Java Software Engineers to develop the innovative, externally facing Intraday Insight application from Pilot through to Generally Availability. In turn the candidate will have the opportunity to progress towards becoming a full stack developer by being mentored by the teams React expert in order for them to participate in front end development.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to tailor communications for different audiences, ranging from senior business to junior technology staff.
- Experience of all stages of the agile development lifecycle, including but not limited to: refinement of requirements, estimation & planning, platform design & implementation, test & deployment automation, and platform resiliency & support.
- Diverse architecture and design experience with respect to the implementation of full-stack applications, with a React front end and Java MicroServices backend
- A balanced approach to build vs re-use of technology in order to deliver the required outcomes.
- A desire to work on an Agile project, with a focus on applying Lean techniques to maximize time spent delivering benefit.
- Experience of working collaboratively within a globally diverse team.
Technical expertise includes:
- Strong hand-on experience of implementing Java MicroServices.
- Experience of Spring, specifically including but not limited to Spring Boot, Dependency Injection, Rest Controllers, and JDBC Templates.
- Experience of the infrastructure & application design required to implement a secure, scalable, and robust end user application.
- A passion for understanding the business domain, and translating this into a clean data models.
- Experience of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery technologies and best practices.