|Job Type:||Full Time|
Technical Product Owner VP
Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Technology delivers solutions for multiple businesses; namely GIB (Global Investment Banking), GCB (Global Corporate Banking) & TS (Treasury Services).
The CIB Banking Technology team are looking for a Technical Product Owner with experience in data warehousing and big data (Hadoop-based data platforms) domain. The role will be responsible for design, analysis and program management across the delivery of a data warehouse migration to a next generation enterprise data hub (IBDH). The project will also include the migration of reports (Cognos), analytical tools (QlikSense, Qlik View) and applications onto the new environment.
The role will have significant connectivity with upstream data providers and downstream consumers. First class stakeholder management with all consumers will be vital in ensuring successful project delivery in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in business analysis and product ownership, with the ability to solve complex data problems across legacy and future state technology.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in Business Intelligence and Data, understanding our customer’s needs and business drivers to shape appropriate solutions
- Defining the delivery of features for a multi-component data warehouse migration program of work. This includes articulating user-stories, capturing functional and non-functional requirements to ensure the delivered product achieves the set objectives and key results
- Detailed data analysis and understanding of complex data models, across multiple interdependent data sources.
- Lead sprint planning, sprint review, retrospectives and process improvement efforts across the program of work, leveraging SCRUM/JIRA
- Test case validation and creation of MDD (Model Driven Development)
- Enforcing adherence to Data Governance, data quality and compliance standards.
- Implementing data controls to ensure appropriate and correct use of data across for all downstream consumers for their associated production requirement sand the continuous improvement of data standards and their associated production need
- Partnering with business and technical stakeholders to understand, define, deliver, and track product-efforts
- Responsible and accountable for data quality impacting end-user experience through user-research and stakeholder relationships; including the influencing of prioritization and direction of project deliverables.
- Perform reporting duties on business effort across the program to ensure timely delivery of business goals through direct management or coordination with peer teams
- Execute project goals and milestones, communicate roadmap updates to provide release status on a scheduled basis
- Ability to innovate, think laterally and develop concepts that are embraced by end users
- Demonstrable experience as a Business Analyst / Product Owner in the Business Intelligence, Big Data or ETL domains
- Experience working on the implementation or development of an enterprise Big Data platform
- Understanding of data management (e.g. reference data, Master Data Management, structured/unstructured data, big data, etc)
- Technical understanding of coding languages (SQL, PL/SQL, QL Python, R)
- Ability to map data flow through a Hadoop system
- Experience of the full SDLC's
- Well rounded and detail focused technologist with innovative problem solving skills
- Ability to articulate complex issues concisely, communicating effectively and comfortably with senior stakeholders
- Ability to face off to very demanding stakeholders, managing their expectations in a fast paced environment
- First class communication and presentation skills