|Job Type:||Full Time|
The role of Project Technical Analyst is to support the Engineering Development Team and Programme/Project Delivery in tracking the status of programme deliverables and milestones; supporting the adoption of the project lifecycle and deliverables; programme level risk and issue co-ordination; monitoring the status of projects transitioning into business as usual; coordination of the regular project and programme level reporting cycles; co-ordination of project Governance arrangements, Post Project Reviews, Programme level workshops. Additional responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Head of Engineering Development in the development, implementation, and ongoing support of the Programme/Project Pipeline process.
- Assisting the Future Fleet Development Engineer in the development of Business Cases and Rolling Stock Specifications, which includes supporting meetings and workshops with stakeholders and suppliers.
- Assisting the Head of Engineering programmes with defining and updating the project management processes, standards and governance, assisting Project Managers on large projects, contributing to Quality Reviews, and co-ordinating activities in support of quality objectives.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good Education to at least HND Level Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical) or equivalent experience.
- Significant experience in a demanding maintenance environment.
- Experience in change management and implementation of change.
- Knowledge and proficient in the use of Microsoft packages, including Project, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Experience of project management.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Understanding of the importance for detail and organisation.
- Leadership skills and the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to negotiate with senior level staff.
- Very good prioritisation skills to balance key priorities.
- Skill at managing stakeholder groups and balancing diplomacy and tact with assertiveness.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway