Last updated an hour ago
Role Title: Senior Specialist
Business: Global Banking and Markets
New or Existing Role-Replacement
- The purpose of the Senior Corporate Actions Specialist is to ensure work processed within the section has been completed correctly in accordance with HSS procedures and / or client instructions. To provide technical support, direction and coaching to Corporate Action Administrators and colleagues. To escalate to line management any matters of risk, compliance breaches and other matters of concern identified during the course of their daily work.
- Team targets of timeliness, accuracy and quality are to be observed and achieved through the monitoring of workloads and the completion of appropriate checks and controls
- The jobholder must ensure adherence and adoption of standards and best practice in order to minimise operational and / or financial risk and provide excellent client service.
HSBC Values and Principles:
- The role holder will ensure the HSBC values are present in everything we do, both individually and as an Organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours of:
- Dependable and do the right thing;
- Open to different ideas and cultures;
- Connected to customers, communities, regulators and each other.
- Timely distribution of daily work to Administrators including exceptions and queries.
- Accurate processing of daily work in accordance with intra-day controls as stipulated in procedures and guidelines.
- Timely and accurate checking of daily work in accordance with intra-day controls as stipulated in procedures and guidelines.
- Monitoring, reviewing and prioritisation of daily workload / work queues to ensure internal intra day and external deadlines are met.
- Adherence to established procedures and controls.
- Escalation of issues / concerns to line management, including staff issues, compliance breaches, errors and losses on a timely basis and in accordance with defined escalation procedures.
- Ensure queries, exceptions and event reconciliation discrepancies are investigated, updated and resolved in accordance with HSS internal policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Adherence to internal deadlines / SLD’s and external market deadlines.
- Escalate checking and control weaknesses to line management and contribute to solutions to minimise operational, reputational and financial risk.
- Provide technical support to administrators and other colleagues.
- To work effectively within the team / department to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Train / mentor colleagues and act as a focal point of reference in relation to queries received from other teams within the department and wider HSBC group.
- Provide feedback to line management on performance of Administrators based on error levels detected during checking process and maintain relevant records to support feedback.
- Contribute to the writing of procedures and controls as directed by line management.
- Provide support to Business and IT developments / department initiatives as directed by line management.
- To impart market and product knowledge to the benefit of the Corporate Actions department.
- Represent HSBC with authority and professionalism in respect of HSS’s CA product and processes when dealing with internal / external clients and 3rd parties.
- To promote and deliver an efficient high quality CA service to HSS clients.
- Develop internal and external relationships to support Corporate Action efficiencies, improve client service and/or reduce operation/client risk.
- Responsible for the continual assessment of operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring and the impact of new technology.
- Demonstrates compliance with HSBC Bank plc Group standards, manuals and policies and adheres to the defined work practices, internal controls and risk management standards associated with the role.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business activities associated with the role, specifically HSBC Bank plc internal controls and compliance policies and manuals.