Last updated 3 days ago
Role Title: UK TA Officer, Reporting & Outputs
New or Existing Role: Replacement
- The purpose of this role is to assume supervisory responsibility for the day to day deliverables of Reports & Outputs (Management Accounting) process for GDTA, Edinburgh. This will include ensuring deliverables sent to client are as per agreed quality standards. Additionally, jobholder will also be required to provide timely inputs to the Manager and Management for required MIs and KPIs
- Key role for the delivery of a cohesive service to our clients and their investors.
- Responsible for management accounting deliverables across multiple clients.
- Day to day supervision of activities within the department to ensure that all tasks are processed in accordance with agreed procedures and controls and in accordance with relevant fund parameters.
- Ensure team is achieving required internal and external deadlines.
- Train and develop SMEs.
- Suggest and implement improvements to the Transfer Agency processes and procedures in consultation with the Manager.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects from time to time as necessary.
- Ensure that the team are customer focused and that a high standard of service is provided.
- Review team’s processing at each step up to sign-off stage.
- Provide input into planning and controlling the Management Accounting Team’s workload and workflow.
- Ensure all relevant output confirmations are sent as per the agreed SLAs to relevant stakeholders (Internal and External).
Customers / Stakeholders
- Ensure that the team are customer focused and that high standards of service is provided.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Train and develop SMEs.
- Encourage Team to attend training sessions.
- Provide update to Manager on day to day operations.
- Provide feedback to Manager on performance of SMEs.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure procedures, client Operations guides and other internal supporting documentation is up to date.
- Ensure that business practices and processes are regularly reviewed for adherence to procedures and FIMs including Compliance policies and Internal Controls.
- Ensure new business or new processes are understood and implemented.
- Be aware of the business practices and processes associated with the role, and act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Ensure all day end controls are complied with and any Exceptions are escalated to the Manager in a timely manner.
- Maximizing client satisfaction whilst maintaining a stable and controlled service model in a challenging environment.
- Ensuring consistency in the process across Clients.
- Environment of the Role
- A dynamic role providing the job holder with a broad range of role functions and diversity. The role provides exposure to Senior Management and directly reports to the UKTA Manager of Management Accounts.
- With the expansion of the product into the UK Market, the business is expected to go through a period of significant growth which will be followed by a period of stability.
- The job holder will play a major role in the testing of new systems and the migration of new clients.
- The GDTA team plays a very important role in HSS Edinburgh’s service differentiation and ultimate client satisfaction.
- Board Membership N/A
- Committee Membership N/A
- GDTA numbers (NA)
- HSS Edinburgh numbers (NA)
- The job holder will be required to work with several stakeholders
- The jobholder will ensure that risk controlled quality service to our customers and their shareholders is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new or modernized technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Regional Compliance Officer and/or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which you are involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy and Global Standards.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.