|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Mott MacDonald ecology practice is an exciting place to be - with over 100 full time ecologists and an excellent forward order book, we are building a practice that can last. The environmental demands in the water, transport, buildings and power sectors in the UK and beyond need environmental specialists who can think laterally. We are passionate about providing our clients with sustainable solutions by constantly looking at challenges from a fresh angle. For us to continue maintaining our collaborative client relationships and further grow our environmental capabilities, we are on the hunt for like-minded, forward-thinking individuals to add to our growing UK teams. As a result of this, we are recruiting an Ecologist to join our team in either Leeds, Sheffield or Altrincham.
Why join Mott MacDonald?
We are an employee owned company and are small enough to have a family feel but large enough to work on some of the biggest projects in the UK. We pay our ecologists in line with their engineering colleagues. Our projects are interesting, technically challenging and we excel in offering innovative solutions. Our ecology teams across the UK are highly experienced in their fields and are proactive when working together imparting knowledge. We are a well-respected company with strong values. We have an active fully inclusive sports and social team, who have a number of events throughout the year including sports day, skiing trips and environment forums.
In collaboration with ecology colleagues and other environmental disciplines you will be responsible for supporting a variety of multi-disciplinary projects, with a key focus on leading on a range of ecological surveys, managing field data and the delivery of technical reports. The management and delivery of small-scale projects, with support from senior staff, will also be required.
These roles will suit dynamic, proactive individuals who want to work in a growth area of our business and help support the delivery of ecological services in a fast moving, client focussed commercial environment.
If you think this could be the job you are looking for, then we would like to hear from you. A degree in biology/ecology or directly related subject is essential and an additional higher degree would be an advantage. We are looking for candidates with a combination of the following:
- Member of Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management or equivalent
- Personal conservation licence for at least one protected species (or working towards this)
- Experience in the UK ecological consultancy market with a strong client facing approach
- Strong knowledge of wildlife legislation including planning processes and/or EIA/HRA assessments and undertaking surveys.
- Excellent knowledge, understanding and experience of applying relevant guidance for surveys
- Proficiency in report writing skills, displaying high standards with attention to detail and ability to write accurate and concise reports, such as ecological appraisals, survey reports, method statement
- Experience in planning, assisting and delivering baseline or species/habitat specific surveys to fulfil project requirements related to EIA, HRA etc.
- Experience of undertaking Ecological Clerk of Works roles.
- Willingness to mentor more junior staff
- Full, clean driving licence with a willingness and ability to travel and undertake fieldwork in the UK