|Job Type:||Full Time|
This is a great opportunity to join Posting Generation Service (PGS) feature team to deliver Microservice capabilities to interact with the JPM COIN Blockchain and Account Services Franchised Account Services Technology (FAST). PGS is one of the microservices identified as part of GLASS Transformation to process financial transactions from GLASS applications and make settlement through direct posting to DDA and GL systems, or creation of outgoing financial swift message to the payment processing platform.
As a member of our Software Engineering team we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders to stay focused on common goals.
We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The PGS team sits within the Wholesale Payments Technology Account Services team, which is part of the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB). This is a Strategic multi-year investment working on multiple use cases at the cutting edge. Hence we are looking for passionate Software Engineers in order to build our new capabilities and extend our existing capabilities. In return, the candidate will be able to gain experience of full-stack development using a modern technology stack, and in the process gain experience of working within one of the most mature Agile teams within Banking Technology.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- A willingness to actively participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including but not limited to: refinement of requirements, estimation & planning, platform design & implementation, test & deployment automation, and platform resiliency & support.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to tailor communications for different audiences, ranging from senior business to junior technology staff.
- A practical & pragmatic approach to working on technical re-engineering, while continuing to deliver business benefit in parallel.
- Knowledge, interest, and application of design patterns and development best practices
- Experience of working collaboratively within a globally diverse team.
- An aspiration to become a T-shaped, full-stack developer.
Technical expertise includes:
- A strong background in Java and developing Spring Boot applications is essential.
- Knowledge of Spring Integration, Micro Frontends would be advantageous.
- Experience of Spring JDBC and SQL is required, together with a working knowledge of relational database systems.
- Experience of messaging technologies like Kafka and MQ is required.
- Experience of the design and implementation of REST interfaces is desired.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration technologies, Jenkins, Maven, Mocks, JUnit, etc. is expected.
- An interest in underlying physical infrastructure is advantageous.
- Proficiency in working with the Linux OS and scripts is required.
- Knowledge of various financial message standards would be advantageous.