Last updated 8 hours ago
Role Title: Human Resources Consultant, Wealth and Personal Banking (WPB)
Business: Human Resources
New or Existing Role-New
- As an HR Consultant you will be accountable for managing the successful delivery of HR projects and initiatives that support the global WPB business strategy inclusive of Asset Management (AMG), Insurance and Global Private Banking (GPB) as set out in strategic people plans. You will work closely with HR Business Partners, Business leaders, HR Advisors and specialists to help design pragmatic solutions to solve business problems, framing complex challenges by leveraging internal and external expertise to deliver solutions that have measurable impact for the WPB business. You will support transformation priorities to enable successful transformation of the WPB business –including changes in ways of working, investment in digital capability and future skills, focus on Wealth and realization of synergies created by the creation of WPB. You will report in to a Lead HR Consultant who will oversee the direction of work and allocation of projects across the Consultancy team.
- The WPB HR Consultant will be able to effectively communicate and demonstrate how HR projects and activities:
- Connect the global people priorities and the WPB business goals inclusive of AMG, Insurance and GPB
- Explain and demonstrate understanding of capabilities and interdependencies of leadership, talent, culture and organisation to enable the WPB People Strategy through HR initiatives
- In order to accomplish these outcomes, is expected that the WPB HR Consultant will:
- Manage programme delivery proactively balancing scope, schedule, interdependencies, budget and risks
- Be able to provide oversight to how HR initiatives align to the HR/ WPB Business Strategy and relevant global/country business People Plans
- Be responsible for effective programme controls and procedures within their given initiatives
- Effectively manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Report progress, issues, dependencies and risks to the relevant governance forum and make recommendations to influence decision making in order to maintain progress towards delivery
- Whilst some business alignment is expected, some project allocation will be across any business line within WPB (including AMG, Insurance or GPB) therefore a willingness to adapt and learn at pace is required
Impact on the Business
- Create and drive effective people plans and WPB HR initiatives to support delivery of business outcomes outlined in the WPB strategic people plan, inclusive of Asset Management, Insurance and Global Private Banking.
- Find pragmatic solutions to solve business problems by framing complex challenges and thinking creatively leveraging internal and external expertise
- Execute deployment of HR solutions that have measurable impact through keeping focus on quantifiable difference to the organization and project success
- Analyse workforce trends utilising advanced analytics, formulating insights & recommendations to inform workforce strategy development
- Demonstrate strong leadership and role-model behaviours for the function and business. Advocate and champion the HR delivery model, driving collaboration between HR Consultant and COEs and HRBPs
- Seek to identify business activity that has an impact on people and structure, and deliver appropriate solutions.
- Takes responsibility for defining and planning the end-to-end approach needed to deliver a HR intervention successfully
- Use effective change and project management approaches and techniques for gaining commitment to initiatives
- Manages and coordinate the successful execution of plans
- Follow through implementation effectively to ensure it is properly adopted and embedded
- Demonstrates new ways of working to improve business performance highlights business risk arising from change.
- Communicates and articulates the change journey and adapts content and behaviour appropriately to the audience
- Uses different approaches and techniques to both question solutions for change, building awareness, and dealing with resistance to change
Engaging with Customers/ Stakeholders/ Colleagues
- Work with HRBPs, business leaders, HRAs, and CoEs to explore and scope possible solutions to business problems.
- Partner with the relevant Centres of Excellence teams to understand advances in technology/analytics and consider how new/different ways of reporting and analysis can bring value to the business, including workforce analysis and impact on strategic deliverables
- Create a collaborative environment in which COEs are included in direct conversations with the business so they feel empowered to really understand the business, its strategy and priorities
- Advocate the right thing to do for customers /stakeholders /colleagues
- Encourage others to demonstrate a commitment to diversity, inclusion and well-being in everyday actions. Proactively encourage a broad and diverse network of collaborative relationships
Relationship & Consulting
- Develop and sustain effective working relationships with HR teams, the WPB business and within the HRC community, demonstrating the ability to utilize skills across the organisational matrix, particularly across WPB
- Be a role model in team work and in the support and development of others.
- Work with integrity in business relationships, providing clear, candid, honest and rational input with a focus on solutions.
- Use successful strategies to establish and grow business relationships; adapting approach to circumstances and people
- Champion advocacy, and be aware of employee sentiment and the impact on decision making through a practical understanding of issues on the ground
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Determine appropriate project staffing and associated responsibilities. Set high expectations concerning quality and put in place quality assurance processes. Build frameworks to plan and manage the continuous process of change including dependencies, risk, potential scenarios and options to mitigate.
- Report progress, issues, dependencies and risks to the relevant governance forum and make recommendations to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realization. Ensure the smooth and timely handover of project activity in to the business as usual HR team.
- Brief COE partners on people plan deliverables and required outcomes, involving the them in the building of the project plan as needed including deployment of COE products which fulfil the business needs
- Builds a successful network of knowledge across the Centres of Expertise and HR Business Partners through tools, such as collaboration software, removing duplication of work and actively encouraging innovation
- Understand and champion the HR service delivery model – using positive and helpful language with customers putting the HR and Business Customer in the centre of what we do
- Understand and champion all HR policies and procedures and challenge where process improvement reviews are required.
- Support the design, delivery and enablement of global WPB People Strategy that has impact locally, as relevant.
- Apply several skills at once (such as business acumen, data judgment, leadership) and develop relationships with HR colleagues globally and within country as appropriate.
- Consistently manage a balance between the WPB business change initiatives and HR driven initiatives intended to grow engagement with a backdrop of industry pressures, changes in the economy and ongoing revenue and cost challenges
- Manage a balance between organisational need, employee need, customer need and the HR teams’ ability to deliver and change.
- Gain awareness and build knowledge of the businesses that form WPB (including AMG, Insurance and GPB).
- HSBC operates in a fast paced, fiercely competitive and heavily regulated global Financial Services market.
- WPB covers the full spectrum of wealth needs from personal banking customers to ultra-high net worth clients helping them grow and protect their wealth. WPB clients and customers want a service that is underpinned by modern digital capabilities and exceptional people.
- The WPB global people agenda supports an ambitious business strategy centering around growth (particularly in Asia), customer centricity, digitization and management of risk. The Global WPB people agenda spans a broad range of themes and the Global HRC will have exposure to global people programmes impacting all of WPB (ca95,000 FTE)
- The role sits within the HR Business Partnering framework, supporting the People Agenda.
- Providing support to the Global WPB Lead HR Consultant and, or WPB Business Head of HR as appropriate.
- As roles operate in a matrix environment and across global and local markets the role holder should exercise awareness and knowledge of local business and country change agendas.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours required to support the Best Place to Bank principles of Make Better Products, Sell Them Properly and Keep Them Sold.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with the Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.