|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Stores/Parts Person to join our team in York!
As a Stores/Parts Person you will assist the Stores Manager to provide an efficient stores service to the depot, effectively supporting engineering maintenance, delivering excellent customer experience.
You will identify and resolve day to day stores issues, providing updates and escalating key issues or concerns to the line manager.
The salary for this position is £23,000 to £25,000 per year (depending on skills and experience)
The working hours are 40 hours per week Mon to Fri with option of weekend work on overtime if required.
What will you be doing?
- Support the Stores Managers to ensure optimum management of material and fuel stocks, and the accurate and timely processing of warranty claims
- Ensure the availability of vehicle parts and fuel in line with the depot requirement
- Keep up to date on any fleet changes and manage stock levels accordingly
- Comply with procedures for bulk fuel deliveries and the reconciliation of fuel stocks
- Ensure compliance with Requisition to Pay procedures
- Ensure stores areas are kept clean and tidy, and stock is stored in a secure, safe, and efficient manner
- Support the Stores Manager to monitor and manage stock usage
- Maintain relevant business systems to accurately records all aspects of stock management
- Ensure a comprehensive hand-over and coordination across shifts
Who are we looking for?
Alongside prior stores, inventory or stock control experience you will have an NVQ Level 1 & 2 Vehicle Parts Management or City & Guilds Vehicle Parts Technician.
It is important you have a working knowledge and experience using SAP and an understanding of other ERP/MRP systems would be an advantage.
The successful candidate must have commercial vehicle parts advisory experience and a UK driving licence.
What can we offer you?
- 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
We will also provide you with boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe/protected or having the right kit for the job!
What do we do?
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go.
Engineering is an integral part of our business focusing on efficiency, excellence, safety and reliability. We're constantly looking for ways to improve our processes, techniques and ways of engineering our very diverse fleet.
Working for First UK Bus you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. No two days are ever the same!
Interested? Apply Today!
FirstGroup plc welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. We aspire to be a diverse and inclusive organisation because we believe that diversity brings benefits for our customers, communities and our people. Valuing our differences and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience helps us develop new services, open up new markets and broaden our customer base.