|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a chartered Quantity Surveyor looking for a new challenge?
Interested in joining a leading multi-million-pound organisation to work on a range of exciting schemes?
Do you wish to take on a role with excellent opportunities for long term career progression?
If so, please read on…
We are currently looking for a chartered quantity surveyor with PQS experience to join our team in Bristol.
Tasks will include:
* Assist in the development of programmes for the delivery of our services
* Preparation of estimates and cost plans in line with the brief
* Provision of financial advice including the impact of inflation
* Preparation of standard documentation - reports, valuations, letters, financial statement
* Preparation of tender and contract documents and participating in contract reviews relating to the contract with the customer
* Analysis of tenders and preparing tender reports
* Prepare valuations and financial statements; re-measure as necessary and adjust variations
* Assist in the settlement of construction disputes and prepare and agree final accounts
* Attend appropriate design team and progress meetings as and when required
Key aspects of our team are:
* We deliver consistent high-quality results across our clients' most complex and challenging projects.
* We offer unparalleled technical competence reinforced by the wider Mott MacDonald knowledge pool.
* Our PRIDE values allied with our market-leading stances on Diversity, ethical behaviour and sustainability inform every aspect of our business
* We are at the forefront of using digital advances and opportunities to improve the quality and efficiency of our work.
* We put customers front and centre by aligning how we operate with our clients aims and objectives and through building personal relationships based on trust and respect
Candidate Specification :
We welcome applications from candidates with the following:
* Degree qualified in a Quantity Surveying subject (or equivalent)
* Chartered MRICS
* Proven skills and experience of delivering within a Cost Consultancy whilst managing or assisting in managing high value contracts within the buildings or transportation industry
* Demonstrate experience of quantity surveying duties on projects, applies common cost management processes, methods, techniques, and tools
* Capable of working with little supervision on complex and non-standard assignments.
* May lead teams and deliver project with minimal supervision and supervise more junior employees
* Ability to build relationships both with internal management and externally with key client stakeholders
* Experienced in making decisions and presenting findings back to the client and internal stakeholders
* CostX / PowerBI / SharePoint experience is desirable but not essential
* Experience in relevant sectors: housing, mixed-development, transportation related development
Job Profile :
A bit about us
Mott MacDonald is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the world. We are a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
About the division
The advisory and programme delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from £million's to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management.