|Job Type:||Full Time|
Engineering General Maintenance Technical Assistants play an important part in supporting the operation in our state of the art, automated Customer Fulfilment Centre (CFC), assisting the maintenance technicians in providing reactive and planned maintenance activities as well as proactive improvement works. Complete Technical Cleaning of the equipment whilst ensuring that it does not adversely affect its performance.
Working within the maintenance team, this role will involve:
- Working safely at all times and highlighting all H&S Issues to your Line Management.
- Ensure an excellent approach to all activities and that site standards are maintained and driven by you.
- Clean as You Go in your areas of responsibility and highlight any issues to Line Management.
- Plan own workload to maximise the completion of jobs around the operation of the CFC.
- Use own initiative to maximise efficiency of workload through tracker or other methods.
- Plan future inspections to minimise live jobs picked up through the operation.
- Report all work completed through detailed reports and timelines.
- Prepare tasks beforehand including managing spares and new stock items.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Good working knowledge of automated warehouses and their technical components.
- Comprehensive understanding of production, picking and storage MHE systems, gained from experience in an automated environment.
- Have an eye for detail; good problem solving ability and a practical approach.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to analyse and impart knowledge.
- Experience of working with computerised maintenance management systems.
- Flexibility of working pattern as and when required by business needs
- PC Literate
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- This role involves working at height using a variety of access equipment, so technical assistants need to be comfortable working at heights.
- The ability to work independently and manage own workload and reports.
Working hours will be on a weekly rotating shift pattern of 0600-1430 and 1000-1830.
Closing Date; Friday 14th February 2020
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Cineworld, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme