|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about building relationships and ensuring customer success?
Do you enjoy being a part of successful team
Be part of a successful team
Bringing the most cutting-edge physical and digital technologies together to create oilfield equipment is the beating heart of our work. Devising smarter systems that control and monitor oil and gas extraction, our subsea and surface-pressure capabilities are industry-leading and commercially innovative.
Partner with the best
Purchasing Leader will be responsible for overseeing our purchasing department, establishing Buyer goals based on corporate inventory needs and sales projections for the coming year and setting career objectives for each member of the purchasing team. This role has the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
As a Purchasing Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership and direction to cross-functional team empowered to execute on time delivery and process improvement.
- Coaching team members to ensure process improvement and materials management and control and to drive excellence.
- Proposing improvements to the purchasing system, invoicing and collecting process that will improve relationships and lower costs.
- Collaborating with inventory control to develop metrics for gauging inventory level needs and make sure those levels are maintained.
- Taking the lead in creating profitable ways to manage obsolete and slow-moving stock to help offset losses
- Managing the company's day-to-day purchasing activities and ensure that all purchasing agents are meeting their personal performance standards
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related field APICS certification preferred SAP software experience, proven years' purchasing management experience
- Have strong knowledge of supply chain management required Proven history of developing effective inventory management policies required
- Have strong analytical and quantitative skills; statistically literate and familiar with Six Sigma quality concepts and tools
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you!About Us:
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.