|Job Type:||Full Time|
“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
Our Retrieval Robotics teams are at the cutting-edge of our technology engineering business. From the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into our multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, our bespoke electrical and mechanical development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
Within Retrieval Robotics sits the Bot Hardware Development function, which is responsible for the design, testing and manufacture of our automated products relating to our Bots. Our Electrical Engineering team is looking for a passionate Electrical CAD Engineer who will be responsible for creating our PCB Designs for Development and Production, managing our CAD libraries and controlling the released data for our teams.
How you'd spend your days...
- Developing Schematics into production PCB layouts using Altium Designer.
- Performing minor Schematic updates under instruction from Design Engineers.
- Creating new component data (symbols, footprints, supplier info) when requested.
- PCB Librarian - maintaining and updating our CAD libraries.
- Responding to PCB-related queries from our production partners.
- Documenting and managing any processes related to PCB design and release. Disseminating best practices to other teams in Ocado considering electronics design.
- Collaborating with the Data management team to develop tools and processes to manage production data Release and Control.
We are looking for people with
- Demonstrable experience of PCB Layout with Altium Designer (rev 19 or later).
- Experience of PCB layout for high speed signals.
- Experience of PCB layout for high current circuits.
- Creation and maintenance of Altium Database Libraries.
- Working in a volume production environment.
- Use of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools
Bonus points if you also have
- Microsoft Access Databases
- Solidworks Product Data Management (PDM) tools
- Solidworks Mechanical CAD design.
- Google Gsuite tools
- Experience of PCB manufacture
- Electronic design experience
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.