|Job Type:||Full Time|
Shift: Monday - Friday an average of 42 hours per week involving 06.00 am- 14.30pm /10.00am - 18.30pm
Salary: £26,844 per annum
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our team at Ocado’s state-of-the-art automated Customer Fulfilment Centre which is around 350,000 square feet and boasts world leading technology, that is predominantly developed in house at Ocado. At full capacity we will be fulfilling between 190,000 - 200,000 customer orders a week from Dordon, which requires 24/7 operation and a dedicated team of Engineers and Technicians.
The initial focus of the Maintenance Technician will be to:
- Carry out effective Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedules for MHE, Automation Equipment and Building Tech Systems.
- Complete maintenance tasks to the correct quality and safety standards.
- Partake in a continuous improvement working environment
- Work with the operations team to plan and prioritise maintenance windows.
Roles and responsibilities
- Ensure PPM plans are completed physically and on CMMS (Fiix)
- Ensure 100% of planned maintenance is complete
- Identification of acute and chronic maintenance issues, and corresponding plan to resolve
- Carrying out and recording of preventative peripheral maintenance
- Assisting the Maintenance Supervisor / Engineers with the identification of high down time peripherals
- Be involved in root cause analysis activities to identify improvement work on equipment to improve reliability and efficiency
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of maintenance methodologies preferable
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to meet demanding targets in a pressurised environment
- Have a formal qualification in an Engineering subject
- Ability to communicate clearly both, internally and with suppliers
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and experience with CMMS systems would be advantageous
You may also be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Cineworld, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme