|Job Type:||Full Time|
The holder of this post is responsible for servicing, maintenance, repair and overhaul of traction units, components and equipment in accordance with specifications. The holder will adhere to depot protection, safety, quality and environmental procedures, rules and regulations in force.
- Supervise and mentor assistants, contractors and apprentices and provide on the job training where required.
- Undertake routine faultfinding on vehicles/components to identify faults/solutions and affect repairs.
- Undertake routine electrical and mechanical maintenance of components and systems in accordance with the relevant maintenance schedule.
- Complete environmental examinations against detailed specifications, detailing any issues found.
- Submit maintenance reports as required using appropriate paperwork/IT systems.
- Attend track calls and carry out repairs where appropriate.
- Undertake additional tasks/training as specified.
- Undertake work arising following failure or from maintenance procedures to ensure maximum vehicle availability.
- Carry out repairs or additional work arising from the examination (mechanical, electrical or vehicle building).
- Drive road vehicles as required and operate forklift trucks within depot confines.
- Prepare units for service ensuring a clean and presentable environment.
- Obtain, use and care for and return all tools and equipment used.
- Work effectively as part of a team, taking the lead when required.
- Compile formal reports detailing post incident/failure.
Specific Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Appropriate electrical/mechanical engineering qualifications essential.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Report writing, numeric and IT skills.
- Understanding of safety legislation and quality procedures.
- Proven experience of working in a rail environment, preferably with electric and diesel traction, or a related industry.
- Ability to analyse and interrogate data.
- Road vehicle/forklift licences highly desirable.
Safety, Quality & Environmental Responsibilities
- Ensure your personal safety and that of others at all times.
- Comply with all safety systems and responsibilities at all times.
- Develop a pro-active approach to safety issues.
- Report any accidents, assaults or near miss occurrences in accordance with local reporting procedures.
- Report any safety irregularities, faults or unusual occurrences in the prescribed manner.
- Ensure all relevant PPE is worn at all times.
- Participate in all staff briefings and study safety procedures, risk assessments, publications and local instructions.
- Ensure compliance with BS EN 9001: 2000 Quality Management System and BS EN 9001: 2004 Environmental Management System.
- Dispose of waste in accordance with local instructions, including segregation of recyclable materials and hazardous waste.
- Report and clean up spillages of oil/chemicals in accordance with local instructions.
- Report any environmental incidents to manager.
- Maintain documentation and quality records in accordance with quality procedures.
- Report any medication that you are prescribed to your duty manager and adhere to the company Drugs & Alcohol Policy.
Working 12 hour shifts, 4 days on followed by 4 days off.
Work pattern includes days and nights.
07:00 - 19:00 & 19:00 - 07:00