|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Senior Production Manager heads the production team at the Depot and is responsible for all aspects of providing a safe, clean, reliable train service from Wimbledon Depot, and outstations where appropriate. The Senior Production Manager leads a team of Production Managers and Movements Managers to ensure the maintenance and repair activities are carried out safely, timely and to the required standards, plus ensuring correct rolling stock and formations are provided for the service. In addition the Senior Production Manager is responsible for monitoring and continually improving the production processes and depot efficiency.
- Ensure that all production activities are completed effectively including:
- Maintenance activities are carried out safely, timely and to the required standards.
- Correct rolling stock and formations are provided for the train service performance.
- Effective management of contractors and customers
- Ensure effective management of wheel wear on all fleets maintained by the depot and external customer requirements.
- Deliver team meetings, briefings and Time With Your Manager at specified intervals to improve communications.
- Ensure the quality of workmanship is maintained at a high level to maintain reliability.
- Quality checks/competency assessments are carried out as required to comply with safety critical legislation.
- Minimise rolling stock repeat defects and prevent service failures.
- Maintain Quality Management system to ISO9001: 2015 specifications for rolling stock
- Monitor production process and take forward continual improvement including development of staff and production management team.
- Support development and integration of computer based maintenance management systems.
- Plan and conduct interviews as necessary for staff selection, discipline, M4A and poor performance.
- Plan and direct plant maintenance activities to maximise productivity facilities.
- Cover for Depot Manager as required including authorisation for the relevant delegated authority.
- Experience in production management.
- At least five years experience of working in a rail environment, preferably with electric traction, or a related industry.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Mentoring/coaching skills, e.g. NVQ Assessor qualifications.
- High level of literacy, numeric and IT skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Appropriate technical engineering qualification(s) essential
Monday - Friday
In return we offer a competitive salary and a variety of valuable benefits including free standard duty travel and 1st class leisure travel on SWR services for employee, free 1st class leisure travel for spouse/partner and dependants (criteria dependant) , 75% discount on many other train operating companies, a range of retail benefits and an excellent pension scheme.