|Job Type:||Full Time|
Ensure the delivery of high availability, fit for purpose security and customer information systems by ensuring on train and station security and information systems are supported and maintained through management of the various support contracts and commercial arrangements that exist, ensuring that suppliers meet all their obligations and that a high level of system availability is maintained and cost controlled.
Delivery of a programme of security and information system enhancement projects ensuring projects are delivered to scope, budget and time in order for SWR to fulfil its obligations for on train and station Security & Information System enhancements as specified in the SWR franchise agreement.
- Ensuring the integrity and quality of systems used for security and information.
- Management of supplier contracts to ensure compliance by all parties.
- Management of contractual and system processes including change control and reporting.
- Management of interfaces between systems.
- Management of systems and contracts to ensure legislative compliance.
- Reporting and managing of risk in accordance with the agreed processes.
- Reporting the performance of contracts and systems.
- Identifying any areas of improvement with the systems deployed.
- Identifying any areas of improvement in any aspects of contract delivery or associated process.
- Delivery of projects to maintain and enhance security and information provision.
- Support to the Senior Systems Manager on project and maintenance related activities.
- Support and implement all relevant safety objectives within the area you are responsible for.
- Create new and grow existing relationships with external stakeholders.
- Forge valuable cross functional relationships with key internal stakeholders.
- Act as a positive role model always in all matters relating to South Western Railway.
- A good level of education with a strong understanding of the rail industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to successfully manage stakeholders through influencing, negotiation, and communication.
- A good understanding and a good working knowledge of contract management and project delivery within the railway environment.
- Able to build strong working relationships; influencing colleagues across the business along with external stakeholders
- Able to confidently represent SWR as a subject matter expert and have good presentation skills
Office hours - Monday to Friday with occasional weekend and night working.