|Job Type:||Full Time|
To plan, arrange, scope, and supervise the works for Property Services, White, Yellow lining, vegetation, and cleaning across the Network. To ensure safety, quality and efficiency standards are at the forefront of works. To Support the wider Property Services team to deliver its franchise commitments.
- Accountable for the day to day safe management and delivery of the reactive and planned maintenance work carried out by Station Property front-line Property Service team.
- Plan, scope and supervise the works carried out by the Property Services Teams. Provide clear instructions to team to allow them to safely undertake their allocated work. Carry out safety toolbox talks for the teams. Ensure all tasks are completed and closed out within agreed times scales in line with company procedures.
- Provide technical support and advice to management team on Platform Surface Markings, Vegetation Management and Cleaning. Support the supervision of the maintenance team where required.
- Carry out asset surveys and report on condition of white and yellow lining, vegetation, Pro-coat management and distribution and cleaning requirements where required. Update planned works asset data base.
- Assist in the preparation of risk assessments and safe system of works as required and ensure that all work complies with current standards
- Ensure that all road vehicles, plant and equipment are maintained in accordance with statutory and company policy.
- Reports and correspondence as required in the undertaking of the role are completed and maintained in line with regulatory, legislative and company procedures. Operate plant in the performance of the role where competent to do so.
- Manage staff following the set out South Western Railway procedures, ensuring that documentation is completed, and records kept, data base update or passed on as appropriate.
- Review and maintain PPE allocation and PPE Register. Ensure staff use the correct Risk Assessments and PPE for the task being carried out and work safely. Ensure that all materials are COSHH assessed and carried out and used in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Comply with the Rules as defined in the Rule Book and other regulations, instructions and undertake periodic re-examination of agreed competency levels. PTS and COSS minimum for the role of Supervisor.
- Must have good IT and written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have extensive hands on maintenance experience and supervising of front-line operational team in a property maintenance environment and vegetation management. Understand how maintenance activities has an impact on the environment.
- Be able to hold a PTS and COSS certification, undertake Risk Assessment and Management of H&SE for tasks undertaken.
- Must have a proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels within work area.
- Hold full driving UK licence, ensure vehicles driven by the teams have their weekly and monthly checks carried out and are in good order.
Working an average of 37 hours per week
Monday to Friday, 06:00-19:00
Occasional weekend and night work may be required