|Job Type:||Part Time|
Work as a member of a team of revenue protection employees in the delivery of consistent customer service and implementation of South Western Railway revenue protection strategy maintaining a professional approach, with a specific remit for barrier gates.
- Ensure your personal safety and that of others, including that of visitors and contractors at all times.
- Ensure passenger comfort. Respond positively to enquiries; proactively ensure that the passengers' needs are met within your area of responsibility.
- Work as a member of a revenue protection team in liaison with RPAs and RPIs and as directed by station management.
- Carry out Automatic Ticket Gate duties ensuring, within your area of responsibility, their safe use by passengers and undertake ticket checks.
- Examine tickets, advise accordingly and pass any irregularities to a Revenue Protection Assistant/Inspector, if available.
- Be fully conversant with the Penalty Fare rules, Railway Bylaws and the National Rail conditions of carriage.
- Be fully conversant with revenue protection standards and policy, ensuring compliance with Revenue Protection Handbook.
- Ensure ticket office queues are kept to a minimum by directing customers to the Ticket Vending Machines.
- In times of disruption work, as requested by any member of the South Western Railway management team.
- Complete relevant reports as required.
- Check the cleanliness and general environment of Automatic Ticket Gates and take action to rectify or report faults.
- Carry out Bus Liaison duties as required during times of engineering work.
- Report anti-social behaviour at stations, in accordance with the company policy and Railway Bylaws, whilst maintaining train service performance.
- Additional tasks as specified by the local manager and Station Supervisor.
- Wear uniform (including name badge) and safety clothing as supplied, ensuring that your standard of appearance complies with the company standard and is high at all times.
Working an Average 24.75 hours per week over 5/6 days
Shifts will include earlies, middles & alternate Saturdays.
Must be flexible and able to work at other locations if required
This is a front line, customer facing role and the post-holder should be strongly focused on delivering excellent customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good written communication skills to aid the compilation of reports.
- Good general education.
For new entrants to South Western Railway training for this position lasts 4 weeks on a full time basis only without exception.
Applicants requiring a visa, must have at least 6 months remaining at the start of employment.