|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Are you insatiably curious? Do you embrace uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft?
As a Business Applications Global Black Belt Technical Specialist, you will be a senior technical sales leader within our enterprise sales organization working with our most important customers. Your key objective is to leverage Challenger and Value-Based selling principles to win the technical decision of customers to purchase and use Microsoft technology.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
The reinvention of business process represents a bold bet for Microsoft in accelerating our growth in commercial cloud services. The mission of Dynamics 365 is to help each customer digitally transform their businesses to drive new sources of revenue, create new & engaging ways to serve their customers, and to transform the way in which their business runs to drive new levels of profitability for their organization. These outcomes are not realized overnight - and we must help our customers understand the Dynamics strategy, showcase our world-leading innovation, and share best practices from within and across key industries in leveraging our Dynamics 365 capabilities, in concert with our industry leading Azure and Productivity clouds, to power their business reinvention and transformation.
Your objectives as a Global Black Belt Functional & Technical Specialist - Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations are, to function as a worldwide subject matter expert (SME) on this specific workload and to win the technical decision of customers to purchase and use Microsoft technology. In this role, you will provide world-class knowledge, skills and abilities to local sales teams to secure wins. These wins showcase how Microsoft innovation, across our 3 clouds, where applicable, can help customers digitally transform their businesses across the enterprise. Additionally, you are viewed as a leader in the Dynamics workload-specific technical community given your required depth of technical and functional product knowledge.
As part of the Dynamics 365 Sales Team Unit, you are responsible for presenting product offerings and Microsoft solution architecture to enterprise customers and helping position commercial cloud and enterprise application assets in a manner that differentiates company strategy. You will establish confidence and win customers' trust by proving that Microsoft is both enterprise and industry-ready to run the most critical enterprise applications. An essential part of the role is partnering with other Specialists and Technical Specialists within field sales, partners, as well as other Microsoft sales and technical sales resources, to understand customers' business pain, determine the necessary technical strategy across applications & cloud deployment, design/develop compelling solutions leveraging Microsoft technology assets that showcase the differentiated value of the Microsoft solution and map to the business outcomes that will be achieved, and to remove technical blockers that impede sales.
- Understand customer goals and challenges and map those back to the Dynamics 365 product portfolio.
- Assist local sales teams worldwide by functioning as a deep functional & technical workload Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Supply Chain Management (SCM). Understanding of how to apply this SCM workload expertise across primarily the Manufacturing Industry.
- Design, build, and demonstrate innovative solutions to address sales challenges. Employ value selling during this process to correlate the value and business outcomes that will be realized from our proposed solution.
- Collaborate with the broader Business Applications field Technical Specialists and Global Black Belt Technical Specialist Communities, including Community Calls, Ready, etc.
- Participate in ongoing technical and functional readiness to maintain a state of workload-specific Subject Matter Expertise.
- Present Dynamics 365 technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity of ISV partners, implementation partners and competitors, especially SAP, ORACLE and IFS.
- Attain quarterly and annual objectives defined collaboratively with management.
The successful candidate must demonstrate a commitment to functional & technical excellence while displaying the following attributes:
Help customers make functional technical decisions to build tomorrow’s business and IT solutions based on Microsoft technology.
- You will lead functional and business presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, proofs of concept, and pilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers the capabilities of Microsoft's products and services, and how we can drive positive business outcomes for our customers.
- You will clear functional, competitive and security blockers to accelerate Dynamics 365 sales and customer usage.
- You will own or support winning the technical decision for sales opportunities and usage scenarios through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show Microsoft technology differentiation, and guiding them in decision making.
- You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools, social connection tools, and AI driven data to extend your reach and the reach of your team, focusing on satisfying important customer needs.
You will be a vital connection and orchestration point for a variety of technical resources, by:
- Orchestrating complex solutions with internal and external partners for multiple Microsoft products and services.
- Helping identify and diagnose technical, architectural, and competitive blockers and respective solutions for sales opportunities and usage decision blockers and helping ensure that these solutions are implemented.
- Sharing practical knowledge with partners to drive the sale, deployment, and adoption of Microsoft solutions.
- Shaping current and future products, marketing strategies, and customer centricity ideas through your feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering.
You will stay sharp, share your knowledge and learn practices from others.
- We encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills and competitive readiness.
- Your knowledge will be enhanced and shared by participating in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, training and articles for your domain.
- You will be recognized for sharing, learning and driving individual work that all result in business impact for customers, partners and within Microsoft. We encourage thought leadership and leadership from every employee.
Functional & Technical Solution Leader
- Demonstrated expertise and ability (preferable in Manufacturing Industry) to integrate complex Supply Chain Management (SCM) requirements into innovative technical & functional SCM solutions in the enterprise business applications space by integrating with customer architecture required
- Enterprise customer level experience with cloud, hybrid infrastructures and adjacent technologies, architecture designs, migrations, and industry standards required.
- Proven SMC domain authority, having enterprise customer level technical experience with design, configuration and / or implementation of ERP solutions as well as competitive product knowledge required.
- Understand capabilities of, strategically be able to work with, influence cohesively, build and grow, Microsoft’s (or similar) customers, members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations, internal and external communities and Microsoft (or similar) partners required.
- Strong people negotiation, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills required. Highly skilled at communicating the differentiation of the solution to achieve business outcomes.
- Strong leadership to influence key technical decision makers, influencers, industry decision makers and or boards required.
- Validated experience in consultative technical and value selling, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused required
- Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required.
- Ability to lead, inspire and mentor members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft (or similar) partners required.
- Experience and passion for learning (technical and soft skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from that; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit required.
Functional & Technical Knowledge
- Solution/sales engineer with deep Supply Chain Management and Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations/AX experience (preferable in Manufactuing Industry).
- As technical leader of large business application deals requiring orchestration of large, dispersed, virtual teams composed of industry, and solution team members
- Driving technical sales processes including pre-sales, POCs, project management
- Successful track record of implementing end-to-end complex business apps and solutions preferred.
- Successful track record of competitive displacement
- Level-400 solution development (coding experience desired but not required)
- Competitive knowledge of industry and competitive ERP solutions.
- Advanced skills in Visio, Visual Studio, and other integrated development environments and solutioning tools.
- Knowledge of related applications, relational database, web technology, and cyber-security.
- Knowledge of PowerApps, Power Automate, PowerBI and Dashboards preferred.
- 10+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred.
- Certification in domain-specific technologies preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.