|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Project Planner and Controller to join our Highways Major Projects Controls (MPC) Team. This is an opportunity to become a key part of our MPC Team and contribute to shaping project delivery moving forward.
The role will involve supporting major projects in delivering P6 scheduling, and supporting data analysis. You will report to the Delivery and Performance Lead and support project teams as we seek to integrate programme, cost, resourcing, risk and change management, providing our teams with scheduling and data. You will be based in any of our UK offices. We encourage you to become part of our vibrant and dynamic workplace.
In this role you will be part of the Highways Major Project Controls Team. The principal aim of this team is to lead and deliver numerous business functions, including planning (P6 scheduling); quality; performance; Lean and efficiency across our major project's portfolio, that includes over £1bn (construction) of projects in the Highways England Routes to Market portfolio.
Mott MacDonald's Highways Division delivers services across the entire project lifecycle. Whether we are planning, designing and implementing new roads, or maintaining, managing, improving and operating existing highway networks, we deliver innovation, cost certainty and added value through collaborative working with clients and a culture of continuous improvement.
The Highways Division is primarily based in the UK, delivering projects to clients such as Highways England and Transport Scotland. We specialise in design and construction, progressing schemes from option identification and appraisal through preliminary detail design to supervision of works on site. We also provide advice on procurement options and administer contracts from tender assessment through interim valuations to settlement of final accounts.
Your principal accountabilities will range depending on the services required by individual projects. These may typically include:
- Leading, managing and maintaining Programmes in a manner that aligns with internal and client re-quirements, including supporting the integration of cost, resourcing, risk, programme and change man-agement.
- Providing data analysis and outputs to meet internal and client reporting requirements.
- Collaborating with the Project Management and Commercial Teams in delivering effective change man-agement against the baseline position.
Required criteria for ideal Project Planner:
- Relevant Degree qualified.
- Experienced in the use of established schedule management tools such as Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project with a proven track record of delivering Planning on large scale schedules for major projects or complex programmes.
- Experience of assessing delay and disruption to support contractual claims (prolongation/ extension of time).
- Experience of applying earned value management technics to major project programmes.
The successful candidate will be proactive, enthusiastic and eager to play a part in a growing team. It is important that you can work autonomously, developing your own network and have good stakeholder management skills. You will also be:
- Highly proficient in the use of Primavera P6.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Project.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload effectively.
Desirable academic, professional qualifications and experience:
- Knowledge and experience of delivering Lean and Collaborative Planning in a project environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of collaborative behaviours within a Professional Services context.
- Knowledge of risk management techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of NEC Contracts