Freightliner Maintenance is currently building a new Wagon Vehicle Maintenance Facility located near to Ipswich train station. In preparation we are recruiting for 2 Semi-Skilled Wagon Fitters to begin their training and development ready for the opening of the new depot, which is planned for the middle of 2021. In the interim, the role will mainly be based at our facilities at Felixstowe Port although some UK travel will be required as part of the training programme.
The successful applicant will be responsible for carrying out planned maintenance on wagons including repairs and helping the Depot to achieve its goals and objectives.
Responsibilities whilst working in the role will include:
- Adhering to health & safety and local safety policy requirements, and other safety and technical standards
- Ensuring Freightliner company engineering standards and procedures are understood, applied and followed.
- Maintaining, servicing, and repairing wagons in accordance with approved maintenance plans
- Ensuring all relevant records for examinations and repairs is correctly completed to company standards through our electronic Asset Management System
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping whilst having an ability to identify and reduce hazards to ensure a clean and safe environment is maintained whilst carrying out your duties.
- Being a good communicator.
- Commitment to adopting safe working practices
- A willingness to be flexible as this role may require some working away from your home location
- An underpinning knowledge and an ability to understand mechanical and pneumatic systems.
- An appreciation of mechanical maintenance activities and a willingness to learn.
- A background knowledge and experience of rolling stock maintenance would be advantageous
- Preferably apprentice trained or equivalent and have experience in mechanical maintenance practices
- A UK driving licence.
The successful applicant should be safety conscious and motivated to work safely to tight deadlines, a fully versatile team member who has a flexible approach to working hours.
Please note it is planned that these posts are part of a shift pattern of Monday to Friday alternate early and late shifts. They are also subject to standard pre-employment checks including employment references, medical & D&A screening and successful DBS background checks.
Proud to be a Work 180 endorsed employer:
Freightliner is proud to partner with WORK180 as an Endorsed Employer for Women. WORK180 is the only platform that pre-screens employers to see how well they support women’s careers.