|Job Type:||Full Time|
FirstGroup plc is a FTSE 250 constituent and a leading provider of transport services in the UK and North America. With approximately £7.8 billion in revenue and around 100,000 employees, we transported 2.1 billion passengers last year across our five divisions. Whether for business, education, health, social or recreation – we get our customers where they want to be, when they want to be there. We create solutions that reduce complexity, making travel smoother and life easier.
FirstGroup plc welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. We aspire to be a diverse and inclusive organisation because we believe that diversity brings benefits for our customers, communities and our people. Valuing our differences and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience helps us develop new services, open up new markets and broaden our customer base.
About the role
You will be a core member of senior management team, responsible for internal reporting, fixed costs, retained losses and other key performance indicators whilst providing advice and guidance to the Group Insurance Director and Vice President of Risk and Insurance on all aspects of the financial management of the North American (NA) self-insurance and insurance programmes. This will include the budget and forecasting process for NA insurance – ensuring alignment with the divisional finance teams at all times.
Other responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead on Group Insurance reporting requirements, act as a critical sounding board for KPI development, standard reporting, and TPA performance management.
- Run the monthly operating review for insurance.
- Own the Insurance Pricing Bid model, ensuring costs and trends are regularly reviewed and updated.
- Support any budget & forecast models provided to the divisions to forecast/budget insurance costs.
- Seek opportunities to optimize insurance overhead costs and build business cases when required, to support investment and other key decisions.
- Support North American sale process regarding the Captive/Insurance elements.
- Provide Insurance support (bench strength) to the FGA and plc team as required during renewals, audits and policy reviews.
- Support year end filings for the North American Captive, and grow Captive knowledge.
You will be a qualified accountant, or have significant financial accounting experience with a minumum of 10 years post qualified experience. An Insurance or Risk qualification would be an advantage although not essential, however prior experience within an insurance environment is a must.
Other skills, experience, and attributes required are:
- Excellent reporting skills, detailed knowledge and high capability on MS Excel and MS office.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex financial/analytical concepts to empower non-finance colleagues.
- Understanding of risk frameworks and claims management activity.
- Analytical, methodical, astute attention to detail, with the ability to identify & resolve issues.
- Flexible, with the ability to meet deadlines and work unsupervised.
The successful applicant must also have the ability to work across a wide range of activities regarding all things insurance & risk, and be used to working with/and against Insurance/Broker and Business agendas.
What you'll get in return
Minimum of 10% contribution to your Pension (5% employer and 5% employee)
25 days Holiday plus National Bank Holidays
Travel Offers for Bus and Rail*
Free Bus Travel on your local FirstGroup Operated Network
Childcare Vouchers - free from Tax & National Insurance
Payroll Giving – donate directly from your pay to a Charity of your Choice
Shopping Discounts including discounts and cashback on electrical goods, your weekly shop, holidays, cinema trips, car insurance, upgrading your mobile and lots more
All employee Share Schemes*
Save as You Earn - gives you the opportunity to save a regular amount each month for three years. At the end of the savings period, you can use your savings to buy shares at a discounted price set at the start of the Scheme, or take your savings as cash.
Buy as You Earn - allows you to buy shares each month, with 2 free ‘matching' shares for each 3 shares you buy. You can vary the amount you save, or stop it at any time. You need to participate in the scheme for at least 3 years in order to receive the matching shares.
Employee Assistance Helpline – free, confidential employee support service provided by an independent provider
*after 6 months of employment
A full job description is available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org.