|Job Type:||Full Time|
Business Function Overview
Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers Microsoft’s cloud platforms and services that millions of people use every day. With more than 95% of Fortune 500 business on Azure, 180 million using Office 365, and millions using other services – all running on Microsoft's cloud infrastructure – CO+I builds and operates the foundation upon which Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and organization comes to life.
The Datacenter Physical Security team (DCPS) is organized within CO+I. DCPS is dedicated to delivering the most trustworthy and efficient physical security services to protect the personnel, infrastructure, data, and confidential information foundational to the Microsoft Cloud. Our vision is to be the most reliable, meticulous, and trusted industry provider of hyperscale cloud physical security. We are accountable, effective, and efficient stewards of the awesome responsibility we hold. We innovate to meet challenges. We automate and simplify to scale efficiently. We constantly create and maintain a collaborative ecosystem. We appreciate and act on opportunities to improve.
DCPS is looking for a Site Security Manager, reporting to the Regional Security Operations Manager - UK, you will perform a key role in delivering physical security for our worldwide critical infrastructure including datacenters, leased collocations, and other types of facilities. Among other responsibilities this includes managing security guarding / guarding supplier service delivery and performance, security incident response, maintaining audit readiness, systems, process, and procedure implementation.
This position is responsible for working directly with numerous internal and external teams, customers, and vendors to ensure accurate and timely delivery of services across a wide array of stakeholders and priorities.
Location Position: Wilthshire or North Hampshire, UK
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- The ability to lead, manage and inspire a small, but highly trained and diligent security team is essential. With a high focus on the continuous development of the team to achieve and maintain the highest possible security disciplines.
- Develop, manage, and maintain physical security Standard Operations Procedures (SOP), and continuously improve the efficiency and maturity of the overall physical security program.
- Conduct and support physical security threat/risk assessments and site selection activities (using established processes and methodologies) at new and existing sites to ensure evolving threats and conditions remain appropriately addressed by the physical security program as deployed/operated.
- Provide situational awareness and analysis of the local security environment.
- Receive escalations/notifications of physical security and business impacting incidents/events and appropriately triage and assess, ensuring that leadership is made initially and continuously aware when appropriate, and that the appropriate personnel are managing the incident response effectively.
- Ensure and enforce sustainable processes to ensure only authorized personnel receive physical access to restricted environments.
- Collaborate with peer teams and organizations to ensure their team is aligned with broader strategy and initiatives, fully supporting leadership priorities, being good partners, helping reduce costs, time burden, and complexity, and being responsive trusted advisors.
- Partner and collaborate closely with peer leaders and stakeholders, focused on maintaining a One Microsoft, one team environment.
- Continuously improve the efficiency and maturity of the overall physical security program.
- Deliver assigned projects in accordance with established requirements, deadlines, and applicable employment law and company policy.
- Engage with internal and external customers as appropriate to evangelize and represent Microsoft’s datacenter physical security programs.
- Maintain confidentiality, discretion, and protect Microsoft information without question.
- This position requires a United Kingdom Security clearance at the DV Level upon starting the role.
- 3+ years of experience successfully performing in a corporate physical security or law enforcement / government operations program and security guarding management role.
- BS or BA in security or related discipline, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Ability to be on-call 24x7x365.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products for business.
- Confident and skilled in preparing and delivering presentations and briefings.
- Comprehensive understanding of the physical security discipline, focusing on operations.
- Highly organized, task oriented, self-starter that demonstrates a high degree of initiative and requires low supervision.
- Experience operating and making decisions to remain compliant with legal, regulatory, and cultural norms in as it relates to Physical Security.
- Strong work and compliance ethic, and the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic and high-pressure environment.
- Thought leadership and subject matter expertise to deliver one or more large programs and services while increasing standardization, simplification, and automation.
- Ability to develop, and maintain security related processes, procedures, program baselines, training, and improvement plans. Physical security management experience specifically involving datacenters, data processing, and/or IT environments.
- Industry security certifications such as CPP, PSP, or HISP.
- Experience with or exposure to regulatory and industry compliance frameworks and audits (e.g. ISO27001, SOC, PCI).
Background Check Requirements:
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Must currently hold and be able to maintain a United Kingdom Security Clearance (minimally Developed Vetting [DV])
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.