|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our highly successful water consultancy business continues to win and deliver a fantastic amount of work across the UK and international markets. As a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with relevant experience in water and waste water treatment to join our multidisciplinary design team in Cambridge. This position can be offered on either a full-time or a part-time basis and we are open to discussing flexible working.
You will work with a talented team of mechanical, electrical and ICA engineers to provide technical excellence, leadership and direction on a range of water projects. Typical duties and responsibilities will include:
- Managing the MEICA design and integration with other disciplines;
- Managing and contributing to the preparation of design deliverables to achieve the correct time / cost / quality balance for the project;
- Working with the resource manager to manage project resources and to grow and develop our capability through recruitment and training;
- Business development including providing specialist support to our Account Leaders and Practices, and leading on proposals and tenders in the water and waste water fields; and
- Programme and financial management of small to medium sized projects with a MEICA bias.
We are seeking a Chartered Mechanical Engineer who can demonstrate the following attributes;
- An in-depth knowledge of water treatment and wastewater treatment equipment including pumping systems;
- Strong communication skills to interact with other disciplines and clients, and to develop and promote the team;
- A capability to manage design delivery, and project manage;
- A team leader capable of managing and motivating individuals to consistently delivery;
- Willingness to contribute to and develop technical knowledge networks;
- A drive to be abreast of professional development and knowledge of current and emerging technical solutions.