|Location:||City of Bristol|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
Complex Systems - Managing Consultant
An exciting new opportunity for a business leader in systems thinking
London/ Bristol/ Cambridge/ Manchester, UK. Full or Part Time/Permanent.
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network ranging from tech start-ups to Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you fascinating work, unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to realise your potential excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a successful and rewarding career.
Isn’t it time you joined us?
Become part of the Team:
- Are you a proven leader within your sector, capable of developing propositions that meet client needs with innovative solutions?
- Are you able to influence and win cutting-edge work in one or more industries?
- Do you enjoy solving complex problems using your experience, creativity and interpersonal skills to find ingenious solutions?
- Are you keen to help organisations understand, design and deliver some of the most innovative and complex systems in the world?
- Is being able to shape your own career pathway and support the development of others through leading teams important to you?
- Would you be motivated by working collaboratively with diverse teams of experts and bringing your own unique strengths to develop systems insights that help a wide variety of organisations?
We are growing our Complex Systems capability and are looking for talented people with the right expertise, leadership experience and business development track record. We have a successful cadre of Systems Thinking and Engineering practitioners and we are one of PA’s important growth areas for 2020 and beyond. As a Managing Consultant at PA, you will be given the opportunity to take our world-class expertise in disciplines such as systems thinking, systems design and integration beyond their traditional confines. You will be trusted to develop new business and lead work with organisations in industries such as Transport, Energy & Utilities, Public Services and Health and Life Sciences, offering a rare opportunity to build unrivalled expertise and experience.
What we're looking for
We are looking for candidates with skills and experience in developing and leading work in one or more of the following areas:
- Systems thinking and complex problem solving
- Management of complex systems development
- Systems definition and design
- Systems modelling and dynamics
- Specialty engineering in areas such as safety
- Systems integration, verification and acceptance
You must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent business development and self-starter skills; you should already have ideas/concepts for projects to meet client needs in your chosen industry sector(s) and been keen to build on PA’s reputation and resources to deliver.
- A proven ability to shape, win and deliver cutting-edge work for clients in industries such as Transport, Energy & Utilities, Public Services and Health and Life Sciences
- Strong commercial acumen and management experience. You should be able to manage P&L’s and costs for complex projects
- A strong track record in delivering solutions and thinking creatively to solve complex problems
* Please note you must already have the unconditional right to live and work in the UK*
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.