|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
Complex Systems – Business Wargaming Consultant
An exciting new opportunity to join our growing Complex Systems team
London/ Bristol/ Cambridge/ Manchester, UK. Full or Part Time/Permanent.
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network ranging from tech start-ups to Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you fascinating work, unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to realise your potential excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a successful and rewarding career.
Isn’t it time you joined us?
Become part of the Team:
- Do you enjoy tackling complex problems using your experience, creativity and insights?
- Would you be motivated by working collaboratively with diverse teams of experts and bringing your own unique strengths to help global organisations?
- Are you keen to help organisations make more informed decisions by using innovative means to bring their ecosystems to life?
- Are you comfortable engaging with, and becoming a trusted adviser to, clients across all levels of seniority?
- Is being able to shape your own career pathway and support the development of others important to you?
Our Business Wargaming team develop and provide business leaders with experiential initiatives that enable them explore, test or practice the future impact of different strategic approaches on their organisation in varying scenarios. The new capability is designed to help individuals and organisations make more informed decisions which is becoming more critical in this volatile, uncertain and complex environment.
We are one of PA’s important growth areas for 2021 and beyond and our team includes a diverse range of successful cadre of strategic systems thinking and social science practitioners.
We are growing our Business Wargaming team and are looking for talented people with an outcome-focused mindset and a proven professional track record to join us at all levels. You will be given the opportunity to help develop and take our world-class expertise in disciplines such as strategic systems thinking, business wargaming, scenario planning and analysis to help our clients address the challenges that keep them awake at night. You will also have the opportunity to work on diverse projects across different industries including Health and Life Sciences, Consumer and Manufacturing, Public Services, Energy and Utilities and Financial Services. We are sure that this provides a rare opportunity to build unrivalled expertise and experience.
What we're looking for
We are looking for candidates with skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Good knowledge and keen interest in one, or more, front-of-mind cross-sectors topical areas of challenges of our times (e.g. but not limited to environmental, health, economical & social, security, political, geopolitical, legal…)
- Strategic systems thinking and complex problem solving
- Knowledge of simulation/business wargaming
- Knowledge of scenario analysis and planning
- Experience in a management consultancy environment
- Social sciences and /or Business Studies background
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience and expertise in one or more industries such Health and Life Sciences, Public Services, Consumer and Manufacturing, Energy and Utilities and Financial Services
- A self-starter and founder mindset willing to be part of growing this new and innovative “business wargaming to support decisions” proposition
- A drive for personal and professional progression
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills in multi-cultural environments
* Please note you must already have the unconditional right to live and work in the UK region*
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com