|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
PA Consulting works with clients who want to utilise technology to gain a commercial edge in new and established markets. As the world changes at an ever increasing rate PA’s clients use our technical expertise to get ahead of the curve. The Applied Sciences team used fundamental science to support early stage and proof of concept projects, ultimately answering the question, “Is this possible?” For this we need mechanistically-minded scientists, with a background in materials science and/or physical chemistry, who want to go further than just ask the questions, but actually want to build prototypes and work with engineers to realise the solution.
- We translate science and technology into commercially viable break-out products and processes
- We give our clients a true competitive edge by providing the data to make rational product development decisions
- We do this by the practical application of physics and chemistry to prototype, characterise and explore technology at the basic scientific level
We are looking for like-minded ‘hands on’ scientists that like nothing better than delivering a product solution that provides a competitive edge for our client base across exciting industries like healthcare, consumer electronics, defence, communications, FMCG and more.
What we're looking for
The Applied Science group is ideally looking for someone with a background in materials science/physical chemistry. Who would like to apply their knowledge to applications within the consumer products and packaging field. You should have a strong theoretical background in materials sciences coupled ideally with some industrial exposure.
You should have:
- A strong academic background in areas related to industrial/process chemistry
- Experience, preferably to PhD level, in the development of “applied solutions” – i.e industrial applications
- Industrial experience gained in a R&D role or from a highly industrial-focused academic post, ideally with a focus on materials used in packaging processes.
In addition, any experience of the following will also be beneficial:
- Hands-on development of industrial chemical processing technologies
- Algorithm development for sensing applications
- Product development in a commercial environment
- Management of technology development projects
- Reliability engineering
This is an exciting opportunity to apply science to the food technology that ultimately lead to real-world innovations.
- Private medical insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org