|Location:||South Yorkshire, Tyne and Wear|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
First Rail is one of the UK's most experienced rail operators, carrying more than 345m passengers across four franchises (Great Western Railway, South Western Railway, TransPennine Express and Avanti West Coast) and our open access operator (Hull Trains). We operate all types of passenger railways - intercity, commuter, regional and sleeper services.
We are continually seeking ways in which to improve the experience for our customers. Our newly formed Customer Contact Centre will therefore use industry leading systems to deliver excellent customer service and ensure that requests are speedily and effectively resolved.
Our delivery teams are responsible for a variety of customer support matters which range from processing customer compensation claims to complaints handling, group bookings and assisted/special services, quality assurance and fraud prevention and detection and retails sales to individuals and corporates
About the role
The Quality Team is responsible for the quality management processes. They will support the Operational Management Team by identifying process improvements and delivering training to maximise operational efficiency and deliver a better service for our customers.
Reporting to the Quality Manager the successful applicant will conduct internal audits and analyse metrics to determine where quality issues have arisen; they will devise and implement action plans to improve performance and mitigate business risk.
The main responsibilites of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Collect and analyse organizational quality metrics including performance against KPIs and agent productivity; prepare, monitor and maintain quality reports;
- Support the Quality customer interface to ensure requirements are understood and satisfied, including assisting in complaint resolution, root cause analysis and the implementation of corrective action;
- Benchmark metrics in line with external best practice and champion a culture of continuous improvement;
- Support the design and implementation of quality assurance training programmes and conduct training in quality-related topics;
- Monitor, lead and implement continuous improvement ideas into the FCC standard operating procedures;
- Work with managers to provide coaching and address new training needs regarding specific employees or teams;
- Develop, implement and maintain positive scripting to enable FCC agents to manage and resolve customer queries;
- Use collected quality monitoring data track performances at team and individual levels and drive continuous improvement;
- Provide actionable data to the various internal support groups as and when needed;
- Support the coordination and facilitation of quality calibration sessions with FCC team and clients;
- Provide considered and constructive feedback to the team managers and Operations Leads.
- Experience of working in a similar role within a customer contact centre environment
- Understanding of how to link training and quality with improving NPS and CSAT scores
- Knowledge & ability to use relevant internal systems
- Previous rail industry experience an advantage
- A self-starter who is results-driven with high levels of self-motivation, energy and initiative
- Proven ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, without compromising quality of output
- Ability to thrive under pressure amidst changing business priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Act with integrity, tact & diplomacy
- Strong awareness of risk and the importance of controls and escalation
Location: Sheffield city centre. Ten minutes' walk from Sheffield Station. Travel to other UK locations as appropriate.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, between 8am and 8pm Monday-Friday. There may be the need to work around the contact centre opening hours of 6am-11pm including weekends, by exception.