|Job Type:||Full Time|
Department NameSouthern Region
About Network Rail
Network Rail High Speed manages the operation and maintenance of the UK's only high-speed railway, connecting London to the Channel Tunnel. It is the UK's vital gateway to continental Europe and plays a key role in serving the needs of international Eurostar passengers, providing commuter services for the nation's capital as well as transporting millions of tons of freight every year.
We are a complex and diverse infrastructure business managing a range of assets including track, signalling, overhead lines, viaducts, tunnels and international stations such as St Pancras International, Ebbsfleet and Stratford. We are a thriving business and our vison of Putting Passengers First is at the heart of everything we do.
We're passionate about great service and we ask ourselves, what can we do to put our passengers and freight users at the centre of everything we do? With this in mind, we pull together as one industry because we care about people and teamwork is key. For more information about Network Rail click here
Provide specialist input to support line managers in developing plans that: identify risk; assess their impact on the business; and identify mitigation measures and internal controls necessary to manage risk appropriately.
About the role (External)
1.Provide leadership and guidance in the concept of risk management, value management and lessons learnt.
2.Facilitate business units through the integrated risk management process.
3.Provide specialist advice to managers to enable the prioritisation of business risk using the integrated risk process, thereby supporting the development of a suitable risk based business plan and an independent, coherent and consistent evaluation of risk across the business.
4.Monitor overall compliance with risk management process, criteria and procedures.Support the functions in achieving compliance with the process.
5.Align and maintain business unit risk data with the strategic risks.
6.Own and manage a high level risk register for the business.
7.Facilitate risk workshops making sure attendees are educated in their role, the process, the assessment criteria and their post workshop responsibilities.
8.Identify and implement quality and efficiency improvement initiatives.
Job Skills,Experienceand Qualifications
- Trained and experienced facilitator with proven experience of facilitating multifunctional groups of senior managers
- Proven influencing and interpersonal skills
- Detailed understanding of risk process and their application in operational risk assessment methods
- Detailed understanding of Network Rail's integrated risk management process
- Membership of the Institute of Risk Management or Association for Project Management Risk Practitioner
- Proven process management and process improvement experience
- Detailed understanding of the railway industry, its key business processes and interfaces
- Proven experience of working in a safety critical industry
- Educated to degree level.