|Job Type:||Full Time|
Business Function Overview:
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I CE Field Services Engineer, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our Datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class Cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our global datacenter operations.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
As a successful CE Field Services Engineer (CE FSE), your performance objectives will be to:
- Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspects of our Data Center operations;
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment in our leased Data Centers (MOP/SOP/EOP review, RCAs, FMEAs, change governance, and risk mitigation);
- Maximize Critical Environment (CE) availability in conjunction with our Landlord partners at our leased Data Centers and to ensure optimal operational efficiency
- Reduce high-impact and human-error Critical Environment (CE) incidents year over year
- Deliver on cost/energy efficiency initiatives
- Support delivery of the Datacenter’s Emergency Preparedness and Response plans and act as an escalation point for all facilities-related issues within our leased datacenters
- Coordinate, plan, schedule, and supervise CE audits and compliance verification as needed
- Ensure routine reporting to effectively manage and analyze our Power/Temperature/Relative Humidity, and SLA monitoring
- Establish and enhance strong working relationships and engagement with our Engineering Groups (EGs), and Landlord partners (including contributing to MBRs, QBRs)
- Work with regional and global peers to share and build best practices across the entire datacenter portfolio
- Flexibility to work non-business hours that may include weekends and/or holidays during CE disruptions and critical incidents
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a Datacenter or other critical environment facility, working with the operation of building cooling, electrical, mechanical and life safety systems, Electrical Power Monitoring Systems (EPMS), Branch Circuit Monitoring (BCM), Building Automation Systems (BAS), and Battery Monitoring Systems (BMS)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical College certification in mechanical or electrical engineering and/or services
- Experience working on large scale CE projects
- Experience with the operation of IT infrastructure (Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
- Must be willing and able to obtain and maintain a United Kingdom Security Clearance (minimally Developed Vetting [DV])
- This role is UK based (travel may be required between sites- Wiltshire or Hampshire area- office location TBC.)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.