|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Technical Architect in the Microsoft Technology Center, you will be working at the forefront of Microsoft innovation, helping customers create and implement a vision and strategy for their digital transformation. You will be an integral part of their transformation journey, challenging their ways of thinking and helping them realize and adopt the benefits of our Cloud. Part of a world-wide community of exceptional peers, you’ll have access to the latest software and hardware, and you’ll be given the time and budget to develop as a globally influential technical leader.
Our network of global Microsoft Technology Centers (MTC) are premium customer-facing facilities built to help enterprise and strategic customers solve their business challenges through innovative cross-workload solutions. We accelerate our customers’ digital transformation by capitalizing on the changing needs of our customers and the new business opportunities of tomorrow.
- You will be based at our Microsoft offices initially in Reading and then London Paddington from late 2021; or at home, according to COVID site status / government guidance.
- You will prepare and deliver technical engagements to enterprise customers. These include strategy briefings, architecture design sessions, building of rapid prototypes, workshops, and hackathons.
- Using your technical knowledge, consultancy skills and our methodology to win a customer’s technical decision to buy and use Microsoft solutions and cloud services.
- The nature of complex opportunities which come to the MTC necessitates taking a cross-solution view to leverage capabilities across the entire Microsoft cloud platform; and are rarely limited to a single technology solution.
- You will work collaboratively with account teams to determine the best engagements for a given opportunity to maximize customer benefit and accelerate deals success.
- You will use your technical knowledge to show customers an inspiring digital vision, across all Microsoft workloads, as well as deeper engagement in your core specialism.
- You will map the agreed customer vision into a strategy for implementation, resolving concerns, removing technical blockers, and validating a strong business case for investment.
- You will work with the customer, wider account team resources and our partners to orchestrate a roadmap for implementation.
- You will build community, mentor others, co-ordinate and lead initiatives which uplift skilling and impact for your peers.
- Be an ambassador for the MTC across Microsoft and externally.
You will help customers make technical decisions to build tomorrow’s business and IT solutions based on Microsoft technology.
- Guide business and technical decision makers on creating business value on top of the Microsoft 365 platform through Architect Design Sessions, Ideation, Workshops, and Rapid Prototyping. Synthesize business and technical architecture requirements. Our Microsoft 365 platform comprises our Office 365 productivity suite; plus a leading compliance management platform; and device and endpoint management capabilities.
- Serve as the as the go-to technical expert in the Microsoft 365 space for the regional sales teams.
- The opportunity to deliver speaking engagements evangelizing Microsoft 365 – productivity, compliance and device management – in business and technical conferences.
You will use your knowledge from working with multiple customers to influence product and community.
- You will enable your peer community to extend their impact through researching, creating and extending complex technical demonstrations in our global demo tenant.
- You will shape product direction through building relationships with global engineering teams to propagate customer feedback and scenarios, and ensure gaps and whitespace is understood.
You will stay sharp, share your knowledge, and learn practices from others.
- We encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills, and competitive readiness.
- Your knowledge will be enhanced and shared by participating in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, training, and articles for your domain.
You will be recognized for sharing, learning, and driving individual work that all result in business impact for customers, partners and within Microsoft. Microsoft encourages thought leadership and leadership from every employee.
Technical Solution Leader
- Structured facilitator. Validated customer experience in requirements capture; prioritization; capturing evidence and impact to quantify business value; issue, risk and constraint identification required
- Technical breadth. Intermediate level experience across the full range of Microsoft cloud solutions – Azure infrastructure, Azure Developer, Azure data, artificial intelligence, business applications, modern workplace and productivity, security, business applications. Demonstrated experience of solution architectures which span multiple workloads preferred
- Collaborative. Able to work cohesively with customers, members of the Microsoft sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft partners required.
- Excellent Communicator. Communication and collaboration, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills required.
- Executive Presence. Validated experience engaging with senior level executives required.
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused preferred.
- Design Thinking. Proven experience of delivering design thinking; ‘ideation’; or similar context analysis / problem framing preferred.
- Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from the experience; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit required.
- Community Builder. Understand capabilities of, strategically be able to work with, influence cohesively, build and grow MTC, Microsoft, partner and external communities required.
- Lead. Able to lead, inspire and mentor members of the Microsoft sales, services, and marketing organizations and partners. Co-ordinate peer input into WW content and demo programs resulting in high-quality published content required.
- Technical depth – productivity suites. Experience as a solutions architect or equivalent in the area of Microsoft’s modern workplace toolset. The expertise and ability to explain key end-user solutions and technical architectures aligned to a customer maturity framework/path in Office 365, Windows, and deployment tools such as Identity with Azure Active Directory Premium, Intune (MDM and MAM) and Modern Deployment technologies. Looking holistically end to end to the resources ready for deployment & adoption (usage) assistance for smooth customer experience. Deep technical competence in our two growth areas of Microsoft Teams Voice and Security/Compliance required.
- Technical depth - compliance. Experience as a solutions architect, security researcher, incident responder or equivalent in the area of Microsoft’s compliance and security toolset or major competitive technologies preferred.
- Platform skills. An understanding of the broader Microsoft Cloud technology stack and how it complements the modern workplace components. Design of modern workplace architectures that are aligned to regulatory and governance models preferred
- Experience. 10+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles preferred.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.