|Location:||Reading, United Kingdom|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Technical Delivery Manager (TDM) is a trusted leadership role within the Modern Work Domain (part of Microsoft Consulting organisation). The Technical Delivery Manager inspires the team to achieve great customer outcomes rooted in curiosity, driving the Modern Workplace innovation and high-quality engagements.
This is a people manager role accountable for a team of individual contributors (Consultants), who serve as technical advisors driving high quality engagements, which result in very satisfied customers.
The main responsibilities for this role are outline below:
- Attract, Develop & Retain Talent: Attracts, develops and retains talent. Recognizes team members’ strengths, aligned to capability needs, resulting in strong delivery results. Facilitate an environment of inclusion that leverages diverse perspectives and talent, to better represent and understand our global customers
- Delivery Results through Teamwork: Effectively communicate business strategy and goals and how they align to the team’s work. Plan the team’s work to achieve goals and respond effectively to changing priorities, maintaining team energy and results. Hold the team and individuals accountable for results and recognize appropriately. Partner and collaborate with other teams on related deliverables, and effectively leverage others in relevant work streams
- Technology Delivery Management: Embrace and instill excellent delivery practice and understanding for yourself and team; deliver at the right cost. Assist team in the development of the value proposition, standardized offering creation and its re-use. Exceed in area of management responsibilities supporting customer escalations. Insure team readiness & development according to role readiness roadmap with emphasis on customer health.
- Optimizing Business Results: Consistently manages areas of fiscal or efficiency responsibility, staying within targets & effectively managing resources. Achieves & frequently surpasses personal & team goals from quarter to quarter.
- Support business development: be able to pitch the value proposition of Modern Work offerings for consulting; be engaged (alongside other services resources) as needed in the teams delivering discovery/ideation workshops to Microsoft customers
Successful execution in this role will require focus in the job function areas outlined above. Management responsibilities do include performance review management, mentoring, career development skill/task assessments.
This role is responsible for service delivery programs rollout and may be asked to participate in strategy or design work related to the services delivery organization.
Other internal organizations this role will interact with include:
- Field Sales / Customer Success roles including Management, Premier Support roles including Management, and Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) including Management with the purpose of cross team collaboration on behalf of shared customers.
- Other delivery domains organizations, such as the ones responsible for the delivery of remote support services or the ones responsible for the customer relationship and sales
- Significant working experience in support, consulting, client/project management, high-end professional services environment or relevant management experience.
- Business management and process experience
- Enterprise support or consulting experience
- Team management experience or accountability for technical resources
- A BA/BS degree is preferred or equivalent work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.