|Job Type:||Full Time|
Over the next decade TransPennine Express will benefit from a series of high profile infrastructure projects which has the need to keep our customers moving with as little disruption as possible to their journey. The most notable is the multi-billion pound Transpennine Route Upgrade between Manchester and York, but there are other schemes taking place across our routes.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to lead the business and industry through the successful delivery of the customer handling plans, keeping our network moving effectively when key railway lines are closed.
The successful candidate will be expected to manage a team of front-line colleagues who will act as advocates for the programme, taking the lead in customer management both in advance and during planned disruption.
The position will interface with all other front-line grades, representatives from all directorates within the business and its key contractors. There will also be extensive collaboration and leadership with regards to other operators' personnel (most notably Northern), Rail North Partnership, West Yorkshire Combined Authority (WYCA), Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM), Transport Focus and, any other bodies with an interest in the successful delivery to the customer.
An ideal candidate would have the following strengths and experiences:
- Experience of successfully managing staff;
- Experience of working in a fast-paced customer facing environment and working under pressure;
- Effective communicator possessing excellent interpersonal skills;
- Have a flexible approach to working hours and a calm, approachable demeanour;
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills and capability to develop and deliver material for onward work and briefing;
- Understanding of operational risk management and how it is assessed;
- A good understanding of railway geography and infrastructure, operations, and the organisational structures of Network Rail and other operators.
You are expected to be an advocate and leader for the Major Project directorate in all work undertaken, be accountable for your actions and business performance, whilst challenging yourself as an individual to be even better.
As a leader you will continually develop your skills and fully demonstrate the company values.
To say thank you for all your hard work, we offer competitive salaries and some great rewards.