|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald's core business sectors cover buildings, transport, energy, water, environment, health, education, industry, oil and gas, communications and international development. We are looking for someone with demonstrable relevant qualification and experience in design within the construction industry. We are also hoping that the candidate will be able to show a good level of health and safety experience including a recognised Health and Safety qualification.
You will contribute to our team of four health and safety specialists providing the Principal Designer Role, Principal Designer's Advisor and CDM Advisor on projects as well as supporting the implementation of the CDM Regulations. You will assist in carrying out project safety reviews, ensuring the application of the principles of prevention, preparing pre-construction information and health and safety files.
This is an opportunity to develop your skills, knowledge and experience with the potential to advance your career as a Principal Designer.
We are seeking a CDM and construction risk management professional to deliver the CDM Advisor / Principal Designer role within the Buildings and Infrastructure Unit. The ideal candidate will have experience in the civil engineering sector. The applicant will report directly to the health and safety team leader in the Altrincham office. The role will be challenging, demanding, varied and offers a real opportunity to achieve your ambitions and develop your career. The focus of the role is to ensure compliance with the CDM Regulations.
As a Principal Designer the key elements of the role include:
* Assist the Client in identifying, obtaining and collating existing pre-construction information
* Review existing information and identify areas where information is missing / required.
* Review and comment on designers' hazard & risk information / support the project with management of the hazard register
* Maintain close links with designers and assist them in identifying and eliminating or controlling foreseeable risks to the health and safety of others
* Work closely with Project Managers to guide them with producing designs that are safe to build and maintain
* Undertake the Project Safety Advisor training and perform the role on projects
* Assist in the preparation of Pre-Construction Information
* Assist in the review of Construction Phase Plans
* Assist in the preparation of the Health and Safety File
* Support the Bid Manager on preparing response to bids
* Report writing
We are looking for a construction health and safety professional, with experience of design and construction to join the CDM team. The successful candidate will have:
* Membership of a Chartered Institution
* A recognised professional qualification in Health and Safety (e.g. NEBOSH Construction Certificate)
* Certified Membership of APS or ICE H&S Register
* Flexible and adaptable, Enthusiastic and ambitious
* Proactive with good organisational capability
* Excellent client-facing and communication skills
* Keen to work in a collaborative environment
* Ability to be assertive, contribute to and influence meetings
* Experience of successfully working in a team
* Self Starter with leadership qualities
* Must be proficient with MS software packages including Sharepoint along with PDF writer.
* Experience of working to budgets and time constraints
* Good technical writing skills