|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a qualified financial accountant to support both our regional and group financial accounts teams. We will require individuals to assist the team in preparing and reviewing consolidated quarterly and annual financial accounts, and monthly review of balance sheet account reconciliations. The individual will also assist the Regional Financial Accountant on aspects related to entities in the European region.
You will need to be a qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) and be up to date with technical standards applicable for UK GAAP and UK Companies Act.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the preparation and review of quarterly and annual consolidated financial accounts for the Group which includes in excess of 50 subsidiary companies, many of which are overseas, and preparation/review of statutory notes and disclosures.
- Assisting in the preparation and review of commentaries, graphs and ratios on the quarterly group consolidated accounts.
- Assisting in the preparation and review of statutory accounts for some centrally maintained companies.
- Assist in final review of locally prepared statutory accounts for some entities in the European region.
- Monthly review of balance sheet account reconciliations including intercompany accounts.
- Reconciliation of local financial systems to groupwide ERP where separate local systems used for statutory accounts.
- Assist in ensuring that entities in the European region comply with group financial policies, principles and controls for financial reporting and financial management.
- Ensure compliance with group directives and procedures on financial matters.
- Providing support to the Regional / Group Financial Accountant on ad hoc tasks as required.
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.