|Job Type:||Full Time|
Department NameEA Head of Engineering, Asset Strategy & Planning (Wales & Borders) (541954) G5
About Network Rail
Wales and Western Region asset teams manage the assets across a broad portfolio including Earthworks, Drainage, Fencing, Vegetation and Level Crossings. The team work collaboratively with all other assets, maintenance and delivery teams; across both Wales and Borders, and Western Regions hosted out of Cardiff and Swindon respectively.
This 6-month placement within a busy team will give the successful candidate a good grounding in Railway Asset management and Engineering and allow you to expand your knowledge in preparation for a career within the railway industry.
About the role (External)
You will typically be involved in the following:
- Completion of your MSc. Project on a Railway specific topic, with a benefit to the Regional asset management teams
- Undertake site assessments and remitting of projects
- Help improve asset data quality
- Interface with the asset management and design team to assist in various projects
This is not a comprehensive list, you will be expected to use your own initiative to actively seek further learning opportunities. We will look to increase your responsibilities if you demonstrate that you are capable and hardworking.
- Studying for a MSc. in Applied Environmental Geology or a similar subject and available to undertake a placement between May and November 2021.
- Comfortable working remotely, enthusiastic and able to manage relationships virtually
- Looking for a career in the Railway Industry
Do you have?
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Good verbal and written skills
- Excellent communication skills
How to apply (External)
Closing date: 28/01/2021. - Late applications will not be accepted.
Click 'apply now' to apply.
This is a fixed term opportunity for 6 months.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people to work flexibly. We welcome applications from everyone. Click here for more information.
Network Rail Benefits - To find out about what benefits we offer, click here
We are a Disability Confident Leader employer!
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks. Click here for more information