|Job Type:||Full Time|
Department NameNorth West & Central Region
About Network Rail
We at network rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britain's best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and we're empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
We're passionate about great service and we ask ourselves, what can we do to put our passengers and freight users at the centre of everything we do? With this in mind, we pull together as one industry because we care about people and teamwork is key. For more information about Network Rail click here
Network Rail operates and maintains the railway infrastructure 24/7 365 days a year.
You will be part of the NW&C Region which consist of three routes:
- North West Route, covering Manchester, Liverpool, Lancashire and Cumbria.
- Central Route, covering the West Midlands and Chiltern areas.
- West Coast Mainline South Route, covering the south of Crewe to London Euston.
- There is also a Regional Team which supports Regional Major Programmes & Professional services.
We are looking for hardworking people from all backgrounds to join our journey and move us forward by having an exciting career, the right lifestyle balance and great benefits in a caring environment. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider flexible working applications. If we can make it work - we will!
About the role (External)
You will manage the structures asset management processes for West Coast Mainline South Route, based on condition, value and balanced delivery of regulatory and corporate targets. This will include managing the inspection, examination, assessment and monitoring of structures assets and providing engineering expertise on structures matters to the Building & Civils Asset Management team and to other functions and departments.
- HNC/HND or equivalent qualification in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Substantial relevant experience in structures or civil engineering
- A sound knowledge of structures engineering policies and standards
- Knowledge of Structures Assessment
- An understanding of safety management systems and risk assessment techniques
- Working towards membership of a relevant professional institution
How to apply (External)
How to apply external:
Network Rail are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or any other irrelevant factor. Please click here for more information.
Want to find out about what fantastic benefits we offer? Find out here
Safe behaviour is a requirement of working for Network Rail.Applicants should be able to demonstrate their awareness of our safety vision
Network Rail adheres to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the pay range advertised.
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks. Click here for more information
Salary: £40,107 - 45,120
Closing date: 21 January 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.
Click 'apply now' to apply.