|Location:||Remote - UK/EU only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is a global leader in innovative software licensing solutions to enterprises of all sizes. The Worldwide Business Desk is part of Microsoft’s Worldwide Commercial Finance (WCF) organization, reporting to Microsoft’s CFO. The Business Desk encompasses 200+ Licensing Executives worldwide. This Licensing Executive role reports into the Business Desk Manager for the UK.
As the scope of our Volume Licensing business expands, there is an increasing reliance on the Business Desk to design, facilitate, test and approve innovative business and commercial models for our three clouds in addition to maintaining its core strength of securing Volume License revenue.
As a Licensing Executive, you will be responsible for creating licensing solutions in a specialized role for Government and Defense projects in the UK. Your responsibility also includes providing feedback on Online Services and licensing strategies and business opportunities/challenges along with piloting alternative licensing offerings. Most of your customers will have unique commercial and contractual needs that you will address in collaboration with the account teams and the UK senior leadership team. You will operate as the subject matter expect and provide leadership and coaching to the local sales and licensing community and be a trusted advisor for regional management with respect to complex Online Services and licensing related topics. You will regularly be involved in direct customer facing high stakes negotiations.
The responsibility that comes with this role requires a background in large enterprise sales. Background in Cloud technologies and a strong perspective of secure Digital Transformation are highly welcome, as Microsoft continues to assist customers in their journey to the cloud and helps them digitally transform their businesses. The role owner is expected to negotiate at GM and CxO level, both internally and externally.
- Customer satisfaction and licensing simplification. Work directly and indirectly with the largest secure Government customers in the UK to assist in determining and approving optimal licensing solutions that meets the customers’ needs while also simplifying the licensing experience and maximizing the revenue opportunity to Microsoft. Communicate customer requirements and licensing information to all levels of Microsoft.
- Empowerment and decision making, broad legal and financial authority, with extensive understanding of concession risks and cost of sales implications. Accountable for making decisions regarding concessions to drive deals to closure but minimizing risk to Microsoft and landing good profitable business.
- Subsidiary engagement. Pro-actively work with various levels of stakeholders to assist them in closing sales, driving consumption of Online Services, develop commercial offerings and analyse customer licensing requirements. Take a leadership role in working directly with sales teams to help determine how to drive the business forward while ensuring that customer satisfaction remains a top priority. Define and articulate our differentiated industry value proposition and ensure all stakeholders are aligned on key messaging & activities.
- Interface with the Microsoft headquarters (Seattle) based Product Groups, Legal and Operations to highlight licensing trends and challenges and ensure that the solutions developed meet the short and long term needs of both the customer and Microsoft while minimizing internal costs and any associated liabilities.
- Strategic commercial direction. Contribute to the overall strategic direction of Worldwide Commercial Finance by ensuring effective implementation and landing of strategy and offerings, testing pilots and providing feedback on new licensing strategies for regional and worldwide use.
- Support research and development efforts with the Licensing team on a case by case basis. Develop pilots and test potential solutions to financially significant problems involving members from Field Sales, Business Development, Operations, Legal, Product Groups, etc.
- Direct Sales and / or marketing experience with Secure Government Customers
- Good knowledge of the marketplace, competition, and specific challenges of major industry sectors driving negotiation behavior.
- Must be able to support negotiation of large deals at senior customer level (CxO).
- Minimum Security Clearance level SC
- Must be able to deal with a frequently changing environment, incomplete information, and complex stakeholder structures.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and tool skills (Excel, Pivot tables, data manipulation and transformation)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills required, as well as excellent presentation skills, both internally and customer-facing
- Fluent in English, orally and written, is a key requirement for this job
- Role requires occasional domestic or international travel
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.