Location: Southampton, SO15 1AW
About the Company:
Pentalver Transport is an award-winning container logistics company. We are currently recruiting for a permanent Refrigeration Engineer to join our team in Southampton. As a Refrigeration Engineer you will be responsible for monitoring and repairing container refrigeration units on site and off site as required.
This is a full-time, permanent position working 40 hours per week. Successful candidate will be required to cover on-call rota, including weekends.
Refrigeration Engineer Responsibilities:
- Repair and maintain refrigeration containers and Gensets to a high standard.
- Order parts (via office function), as and when required in a timely manner.
- Set-up reefers for bookings including monitoring of reefer temperatures.
- Test and repair refrigeration containers including occasional steam cleaning, PTI (Pre Trip Inspection).
- Be the company front of house during out of hours, cover at the container ports and with domestic customers.
- Ensure that the call out rota is covered to provide emergency repairs on customers units and carry out downloads when required.
- Check refrigeration containers coming into and leaving the PTI Line for damage, ensuring damage is reported and appropriate action taken.
Refrigeration Engineer Requirements:
- Electrical fault-finding ability and experience.
- Mechanical aptitude and sound engineering skills.
- F-Gas qualification.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Previous experience in the refrigeration industry.
- Transport Refrigeration knowledge preferable.
- Mature approach to H&S requirements.
- Flexible to work outside normal business hours and overtime as needed.
Refrigeration Engineer Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Regular overtime
- 25 days of annual leave increasing up to 28 days with the length of service (plus Bank Holidays)
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Regular training
- Company van
If you think that you are suitable for this Refrigeration Engineer role, please apply now!
Please be advised that successful appointments are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.