|Job Type:||Full Time|
End DateSunday 24 January 2021
Salary Range£32,130 - £35,700
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummarySupport the wider Engineering team to deliver rounded engineering solutions, methods, patterns and principles.
Working within the Financial Wellbeing Lab you'll play a pivotal role in the next stage of our transformation journey. The Lab’s purpose is to create a leading experience to help our customers before, during and after financial difficulty. We'll ensure we help them become more financially resilient and improve their overall financial wellbeing. We aim to achieve this purpose through improving colleague tools, creating tools to allow customers to better manage their day-to-day finances, and by simplifying the Customer Financial Assistance systems through an increased focus on Test Automation, DevOps, Cloud technologies and Rationalisation.
Our aim is to create a forward-thinking engineering culture that supports the Customer Financial Assistance in delivering high quality, efficient and positive impact outcomes for our customers. The role of the Quality Engineer is vital in ensuring the products we deliver in the Lab are fit for purpose and meet quality and standards that our customers expect.
You'll join a dynamic, co-located team in London who are passionate about new ways of working and new ideas, and you'll work in cross-disciplinary feature teams delivering exciting customer driven solutions and high quality software!
Being part of cross-disciplinary teams, Quality Engineers should be able to showcase excellent interpersonal and communications skills whilst efficiently working across the project life cycle to ensure software operates as intended whilst validating and verifying feature behaviour against requirement specifications. Our Engineers work in a highly collaborative way to complete assigned work, showcase progress and address problems that are well defined, complex and often non-routine whilst being quick learners who can learn and adapt to new technologies being used within Lloyds and the wider industry.
Behaviours & Competencies
Our new ways of working will guide everything we do – so we want people who have:-
- An automation first approach with a passion for driving productivity and a focus on reducing risk
- A passion for coaching other engineers and building a strong team culture through peer-to-peer collaboration and development
- A passion to work collaboratively across the teams in order to align to the Engineering Strategy and meet the overall goals of the Bank and Stakeholders
- Confidence to express own opinions, and be pragmatic about modifying them when appropriate
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills along with strong Logical and creative thinking skills
- Excellent collaboration, interpersonal and communications skills
- Understanding of Systems Thinking and Service Design to mitigate reactive solutions that leads to further technical debt.
- Understanding of their Business & Lab priorities, and able to facilitate the best solution designs with team members & product owners.
- Understand applying Business and Technical Design principles and writing upfront tests against team defined agile definitions and delivery stories
- A passion to automate everything.
- Ability to effectively work with multi-disciplinary teams across the software development lifecycle
- Ability to work "hands-on" alongside all other Engineering Disciplines
- Excitement about working with others to collectively enable and achieve greater results
- A passion to test & learn to prove value
And we will foster these ways of working by the way we conduct ourselves
- Foster trust and empowerment by helping colleagues understand their purpose and value to the bigger picture
- Encourage our colleagues to challenge and empower them to take action to fix it
- Prioritise team outcomes over personal goals
- Be obsessed with the flow of value and its blockers and focus on removing impediments
Knowledge & Experience
- Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering background with a deep knowledge of Test Lifecycle, Test Models, Best Practices, Test Benchmarking and Test Tools
- Experience of using modern software development toolsets and ability to stretch into DevOps, Test Automation, Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Proficient recent experience with toolsets such as Selenium, Cucumber,UFT (Unified Functional Testing Tool) , Jira, ALM focusing on industry leading and open source tooling
- Understanding of Agile development & ability to adopt Agile ways of working & tooling e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Jira & Confluence
- Experience of leading and embedding Quality Transformation initiatives across multiple areas
- Experience and knowledge across the entire Test Lifecycle including Quality Engineering, Performance Engineering, Test Data and Environments
- Understand and appreciate the risk landscape to ensure appropriate controls are in place
Delivery of Value:
- Engineers solutions within their platform & value stream with support from other engineers within their team
- Works with Chapter leads to deliver rounded Engineering Solutions, Methods, Patterns and Principles
- Implement software testing procedures on software applications (including desktop, web, mobile, embedded, mainframe) to ensure agreed errors and security issues are identified, recorded, prioritised and corrected before release
- Review software requirements and specifications for software functionality and security, and define comprehensive tests and conditions
- Design simple test strategies for non-complex projects
- Analyse test requirements and designs and prepares a test plan
- Designs and build test cases, test scripts, and test procedures, with expected results
- Develops and collects representative and realistic test data
- Conduct a range of different software testing types (including Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Functional and Non- Functional Testing, System Testing, Stress Testing, Performance Testing, Usability Testing, Acceptance Testing, Regression Testing and Exploratory Testing); interpreting and executing sets of moderately complex test scripts using agreed methods and standards
- Accurately record the outcomes of test activities and maintains accurate test records and reports
- Assess test results against expected results and acceptance criteria and through traceability to requirements
- Present and communicate results effectively using appropriate communication styles and media
- Operates LBG software testing tools effectively and follows procedures and techniques correctly
- Align with relevant legislation and internal/external standards related to software testing and software security
- Advise and support others on testing processes and procedures
Compliance and Governance:
- Understand and support implementation of Quality Engineering work as carried out in line with Bank standards and the right level of risk management framework within group standards as aligned within feature teams
- Joins and attends Communities of Practice, Engineering Guilds and Working Groups to deliver peer-to-peer mentoring
- Gets involved with joint engineering initiatives via coordinated sessions
- Contributes to InnerSource delivery methods and discussions
- Understand and follow the principles & aims of Transformation and hence support and work on implementing key transformation principles
- Work with business analysts, engineers and other leads to understand and build solution on technology and logical domain
- Take active part in Chapters and input new ideas around the ways of working,
Experience in one or more of the following
Quality Engineering - Quality engineering helps us ensure that we build high quality products that work for our customers, are resilient, are safe and are sustainable. The use of automation tools and modern approaches to testing are vital in this space
Agile Delivery - Agile delivery methods encourage teams to focus on collaboration, transparency, continuous improvement and the delivery of the highest value item first. It is useful when going after a complex problem that requires experimentation and continued adaption. Scrum is a key method we use which advocates a series of meetings (ceremonies) and activities known as sprints to help teams deliver change
The culture of Lloyds Banking Group brings together smart, hardworking people from diverse backgrounds that thrive in collaborative and innovative environments. You’ll be joining a leading digital organisation with the support and career potential you’d expect. We’ll also provide a competitive benefits package with includes:
- A performance related bonus;
- Generous pension contribution;
- 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays;
- A flexible cash benefits allowance;
- Wider corporate benefits.
If you have the motivation, passion and experience to join our transformation journey… we’ll bring opportunities on a scale and breadth not many organisations can match!
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.